Multiple VST question

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Multiple VST question

Postby jokerone » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:50 am

Ok,

So I have a VST like superior drummer or NI's KONTAKT, and I want to use multiple instances of it for each track, how can I do this without adding a new VST Instrument each time?

I have a MIDI file and I open 3 separate tracks. I have one VST instrument open for Kontakt using Vintage Organs in track one. For track two I want to use Kontakt studio drummer, and Track 3 i want use Kontakt's Session Horns.

The question is it seems like a waste of resources to open 3 instances in the VST instrument window all loading Kontakt. Is there a way to just open one and in each track use a difference item from Kontakt or not?

thanks.
jokerone

Re: Multiple VST question

Postby Weasel » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:57 am

I rarely do the "RTFM" answer...but I don't have the time tonight to write it out. It is a subject that has been posted many times here. Open page 252 of your Operations Manual and start reading from there. This will point you in the direction you want to go.
QuadCore 2.66 Nehalem w/8gbRAM - OSX 10.6.8 /10.8.5- C7.5.1/C6.5.5 - MOTU 424e/2804MkIII - PODxt - 2-MIDI Express 128's --- DualCore 2.8 iMac w/4gbRAM OSX 10.6.8 - C7.5.1/C6.5.5 - MOTU/ULmk3 --- D8B/V5.1 - GenX192

Oh.....so this is the Cornfield?....
Weasel

Postby jokerone » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:00 am

Weasel wrote:I rarely do the "RTFM" answer...but I don't have the time tonight to write it out. It is a subject that has been posted many times here. Open page 252 of your Operations Manual and start reading from there. This will point you in the direction you want to go.

thanks.
jokerone

Postby Outsounder » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:13 am

Why not load three libraries into one instance of Kontakt in the F11 rack, set correct midi tracks to receive from and send then to different library outs from kontakt via its mix panel?
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/16gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram. Win 764bit, Cubase 6.5 & 7.5, Studio One 2 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, Sonic Core Scope DSP Audio System, Roland VMC 7200-48 Channel Digital Mixing System & Focal Monitors. Software includes NI Komplete 8, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries.
Outsounder

Return to General