Multiple instruments on the one track ?? Artist 7

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Multiple instruments on the one track ?? Artist 7

Postby Marrkuss » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi
I have Cubase 7 Artist and since I am limited to 32 tracks I need to be able to load many instruments on the one instrument track using different channels. For instance
If I have a Violin instrument track using my east west play library on that one track I need to add staccato on channel 1 legato on channel 2 tremolo on channel 3 etc. Can this be done with Artist
and how do I do it because I cannot figure out why it will not work.

Thank you kindly
Marrkuss

Re: Multiple instruments on the one track ?? Artist 7

Postby xerogh » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:15 pm

EW play is multi-timbral like HALion so one MIDI channel equates to one track in Cubase (midi track). I believe that Cubase Artists allows for 32 VST instrument slots so you can run several tracks out of one Play VST instrument slot.

Example, I use MOR2 and The Dark Side Play libraries for drums, I'll have 2 MOR2 instances running 10 midi tracks in Cubase. Each having its own thing (channels 1-2 bass drum, 3-4, snare, etc...). Same channel numbers but coming from two different Play instances into two different MIDI tracks. I'll throw another Play VST into the project using 3 or 4 more tracks for FX from The Dark Side.

So there is around 14 tracks with but only using up 3 of the 32 VSTi slots. You can do more tracks per Play VSTi, I think I can run up to 16? with the libraries I use? I split them up to keep things organized, I could run them all out of one Play VSTi if I wanted too.

If you are talking about more than one MIDI track into an Audio track, then you need to look into using Group tracks.

Hope this helps
x.
xerogh

Re: Multiple instruments on the one track ?? Artist 7

Postby Grim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:04 am

i7 930@2.8, 12Gb, W7HP x64, Cubase 7.5.20 x64, Steinberg UR28M, Alphatrack, Wavelab Elements 7.2.1.
Grim

Return to General