Windows not showing up on dual screen/mavericks??

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Windows not showing up on dual screen/mavericks??

Postby dbboy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 am

Just installed the trial of Cubase 7 on my Macbook Pro running Mavericks and a second monitor. It appears that Cubase is "confused" by the second monitor, e.g.: if I try to open the mixer nothing happens. It looks like something is happening but the mixer simply doesn't show. Same with all other devices/windows. If I disconnect the second monitor and run it on the laptop alone, all windows open as they should. Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks.
dbboy

Re: Windows not showing up on dual screen/mavericks??

Postby megacon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 am

Have you deselected the "Displays have separate Spaces" in system preferences ?

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... plays.html
Macbook Pro 2.6GHz, 16GB Ram osx 10.9, Komplete Audio 6

Software : Cubase 7.5 64Bit, Ableton Live 9, Native Instruments Komplete 9 Ultimate, Izotope Ozone 5, Superior Drummer, Waves, Brainworx, blah blah blah......
megacon

Re: Windows not showing up on dual screen/mavericks??

Postby nightschool » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 am

Hi, I get this problem too. Happened with Cubase 7 right after upgrading to Mavericks and continued even after deselecting the "Displays have separate spaces" option in System Preferences. Was upgrading to Cubase 7.5 anyway and it seemed to avoid this problem until my first reboot after installing 7.5 when it appeared again.

Upon activating any other device (Mix Console, VST Instrument Rack) the Project window deactivated but the new device window doesn't appear. I can only get it to appear by activating the Windows dialogue box (in the Windows drop down menu).. Anyone else still getting this problem?
nightschool

Return to General