THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazing!!!

Post general topics related to Cubase 7, Cubase Artist 7 and Cubase Elements 7 here.

Re: THANK YOU STEINBERG!! Cubase 7 and Cubase 7.5 are amazin

Postby tex » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Freddie for president! put the cat amongst the pigeons - how dare you! lol
Apart from all the bugs...................
+1
i7 12GB, Acer desktop. Mark of The Unicorn-mk3 Ultra, cubase 7.5, Wave lab elements
tons of plugs and a few outboard, bag of vinyl. Mackie monitors and analogue desk
tex

Postby forthwith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Bredo wrote:I have dared more than one on this forum to PM me with their info, in an attempt to discuss important matters on equal terms. Not one has taken the challenge. Go figure.

likewise i have *dared* those complainers to PM asking for details as to my personal website, which via Whois could produce a name but at all times was refused.
forthwith

Postby thermionic » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Sometimes I'm staggered by the expectations, demands and moans of certain self-proclaimed professionals, and others, on here. I started with Pro-24/Atari and was THRILLED to be able to program drums and no longer be dependent on lame TR-707 loops. As far as I'm concerned, since those early days Steinberg have increasingly provided me with useful ways to while away the time between making a bob or two, the features and sheer power offered by Cubase in 2013 are WILDLY beyond anything anyone could have imagined in the early years. I made a living writing midi files in the 80's - no DAW has ever surpassed Cubase's midi implementation.

How can Freddie's post possibly have been seen by some as provocative? Thanks to him I've looked again at my old XP tweaks, turned my AERO back on and background services to programs - stability and performance have improved as a result. I really LIKE Freddie, and Cubase too - all you moaners should sort out your own systems before accusing Steinberg of writing anything but GREAT software.
thermionic

Postby d-_-b » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 pm

thermionic wrote:Sometimes I'm staggered by the expectations, demands and moans of certain self-proclaimed professionals, and others, on here. I started with Pro-24/Atari and was THRILLED to be able to program drums and no longer be dependent on lame TR-707 loops. As far as I'm concerned, since those early days Steinberg have increasingly provided me with useful ways to while away the time between making a bob or two, the features and sheer power offered by Cubase in 2013 are WILDLY beyond anything anyone could have imagined in the early years. I made a living writing midi files in the 80's - no DAW has ever surpassed Cubase's midi implementation.

How can Freddie's post possibly have been seen by some as provocative? Thanks to him I've looked again at my old XP tweaks, turned my AERO back on and background services to programs - stability and performance have improved as a result. I really LIKE Freddie, and Cubase too - all you moaners should sort out your own systems before accusing Steinberg of writing anything but GREAT software.

+1 exactly , no other DAW offers the features Cubase does and Cubase does it with style .

I think Bredo needs banning again for constantly dragging a thread off topic , sorry but facts are facts you have just turned into a moaning troll ;-)
Win 7-64 bit | Rme| Cubase Latest version 64 bit | CMC's | Halion 5
d-_-b

Postby d-_-b » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:24 pm

@bredo Then you should no better then shouldn't you oohhh great one .
And if you think being the same person on a forum for 14 years is some what of a status symbol then you are more shallow that ive always thought you were .
Sorry I must stop because this is completely off topic as yet again it's all about you Bredo !
d-_-b

Postby forthwith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Bredo wrote:I looked at that website some time ago, but then you had another forum name. I saw some links and references to some known writers, of which you had taken your name.

so you confirm you are a name-dropper then?
forthwith

Postby forthwith » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Don't send PM's unless you actually want to know who i am.
forthwith

Postby thermionic » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:28 pm

bredo makes an unsafe assumption that recent joiners to this forum are inexperienced newbies. I, for one, have been a forum member for longer than his 14 years but I've got bored, left and rejoined more than once...actually four times. Some of us have 'too much music' to spend a lot of time on forums. Senior Members are maybe more technical than creative? Who knows?

For sure, the most talented and creative artistes I've produced are the least interested in the technology! :roll:
thermionic

Postby curteye » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:22 am

Aloha guys,

Great discussion going on here with ups and downs, ins and outs, over/unders etc;
and with the conclusion being that Cubase 7.5 (while could and will be better)
is THE killer DAW app of this year.

+1 for this being (IMHO) the:
'Thread of the Year for 2013'.

{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB 10.9...../C5.5/6.5/7.5
Mbook 2.4Gz 4GB 10.7.5.../C5.5/6.5/7.5

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
curteye
Grand Senior Member

Postby greggybud » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:16 am

thermionic wrote:
For sure, the most talented and creative artistes I've produced are the least interested in the technology! :roll:

So true from my experience too. At some point I just have to stop and tell myself enough is enough. Why am I here? To admire the tool? To learn all things the tool offers complete with workflow & bug issues?

Or do I just try to make best with what I have?

For me its so easy to get distracted away from music creation & production.
Windows 7 x64, Wavelab 8, Cubase 7.5 x64, i7, 16g, SSD, 4 monitors, iCon QconPro, 4 TB HD, UAD-2, NI, Waves Mercury, and way too many synthesizers.
greggybud

Postby knuckle47 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:50 am

If we are moving back towards the original thoughts in this thread, I too have been enjoying the new 7.5 but make no bones that it is strictly a hobby for me brought on by trying to preserve 50 + years of my guitar playing.

It is not something I push to extreme performance limits or maxed out memory and consequently have really never experienced the frustrations displayed at times by some. I'm no engineer and wish I had a better understanding of what I might do with Cubase. I deal with customer service and administrative crap at work. It pays my bills and to read a post like Freddie's which I find uplifting, enjoyable and enthusiastic....I really love it. Do you know what dealing with some people can be like :twisted: I'm here in the forum to get better quality in my recordings

By the way....I do like the idea of sections for traditional recording / electronic / etc etc
Cubase Pro 8 | Win 7 ultimate | MOTU 896HD | I7 4770K 32gb Corsair Dominator Ram |ASUS Maximus mobo
knuckle47

Postby Buchanan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:32 am

Do you know what dealing with some people can be like ?

Pretty much. C7.5 is storming and still they come. If it isn't Cubase doesn't have remote tap tempo then it's the wrong version number and it's not new (cheap) enough. And it has a rocket-scientist-proof dongle.
I'd hate to deal with those people in the real world.
Everyone wants perfect software. But nobody's perfect.
Buchanan

Postby forthwith » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:50 am

No Bredo, you are wrong to expect people to identify themselves just because you do. In case you don't understand, read the forum rules about how Steinberg will only divulge personal information when there is a law enforcement imperative.
forthwith

Postby d-_-b » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:23 am

Bredo wrote:That's the ultimate cowardness, low as you can get IMO.
That was the point. .

And this isn't provocating behaviour from a self important professional , oohh please Bredo act your age and get a life .Again you have changed the thread to all about your self importance again .

Freddy has done no wrong at all on this thread apart from being a little OTT with his happiness of using c7.5 and all you have being doing is attacking him for it which is nothing short of trolling and I for one feel that your responses to Freddies feel good thread are completely unjustified but again you have got the reaction you want , the self notoriety on other peoples threads . Well done good work !

apart from "Cubase has stopped working " on exit my C7.5 certainly ROCKS
d-_-b

Postby mozizo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 am

Norway !!! sounds colddddd and blond woman !! :)
steinbergs tube compressor can warm the studio a bit !
cubase Pro 8.0 64bit ,halion 5
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win7 64bit 8gb
(PC Desktop AMD dual core win xp32 cubase 7-32)
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6 Kawai Mp4 Korg PA800.
cubasis,cubase ic pro
mozizo

Previous

Return to General