7.5.20 Impressions...

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Postby J-S-Q » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 pm

mpayne0 wrote:I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

I HATE having to use contextual click to open up a VSTi. The sound generator, the reason why I am even using a DAW to make music. Th eone thing that should not need a control click is opening the thing that actually makes the sound.

If you made a new mixer to make it more flexible and added navigational improvements, efficient use of space... when you made me have to touch the keyboard, while clicking for something I'm going to do 1000s of times during a session, for me it kinda defeats a purpose.

I would rather control click to use the EQ, which I rarely use... you have a ginormous control strip that gives me access to the EQ already. Is this the new convention or is there a way to get it to stop NOW. Does anyone enjoy it, were you always accidentally opening up your VSTi?

I agree that Control+Click to open a VSTi is not a step forward but have you thought of assigning a key command for this? For things you do 1000's of times in a session, it saves so much time, even before they brought in the Control+Click method. I have 'V' assigned to open the instrument on the selected channel and it's one of my most time saving key commands.
Cubase 7.5 64 Bit, Win8.1 64Bit
CPU: Intel 4930k. MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-EX79-UP4. RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Jet Black. GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte GV-N96TSL GeForce 9600GT. SYSTEM DRIVE: Corsair M4 SSD 128GB. AUDIO INTERFACE: Steinberg MR816-CSX
J-S-Q

Postby Steve Helstrip » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 pm

lukasbrooklyn wrote:btw. 7.5.2 is still doing this. i get it, you have a wicked sense of humour and the channel looks real macho this way, but maybe let go now and make cubase usable instead.

Yes, I\m still getting this from time to time. Otherwsie, running great!
Mac Pro i7, 12Gb, OSX10.9 MacBook Pro i7, 4Gb, OSX10.9
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial
Steve Helstrip

Postby Dejanco » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:31 pm

lukasbrooklyn wrote:btw. 7.5.2 is still doing this. i get it, you have a wicked sense of humour and the channel looks real macho this way, but maybe let go now and make cubase usable instead.

+1
Dejanco

Postby Late_Bloomer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:

Yes, I\m still getting this from time to time. Otherwsie, running great!

Lucky for you, guys, if it only happens to certain channels and only from time to time. For me it happens with all the channels and all the time.

I just came to conclusion that neither C7, nor C7.5 get along with my system(x79/lga2011) after numerous attempts at troubleshooting and dicking around with various settings and configurations. I'll try again once I'll get around to building a new Haswell/E system, or give it another shot, when C8 comes out.
Late_Bloomer

Postby ffg » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:55 am

Credit where credit's due...

There is a BIG improvement in offline mix render times, at least on my system.

This has gotten very slow indeed in recent Cubendo versions, over the past year or so. To the point where there was seldom any time saved by doing an offline render, compared with realtime.

My impression is that the render time is roughly halved. anyone else noticed this?
best

David

I'm going to to let the situation mature...

Nuendo 5.5
Cubase 7.5
MacPro 3.3 6-core OSX.9.x
MacPro 2.8 8-core OSX.8.x
Macbook Pro
RME Fireface 800
ffg

Postby Svenne » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I have noticed one weird annoyance with CB 7.5.20. Quite often, after installing a new VST/VSTi, plug-in, Cubase quits right before the Steinberg Hub should open. When I launch it again it tells me that some windows were open when I quit, would I like to reopen them? I click "No", and the Hub opens as it should. Everything appears to work correctly, including the plug-in. The third, and subsequent times, there is no problem with launching Cubase.

This is, of cause, not a fatal bug, but it's annoying nevertheless. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
Cubase 7.5.30 [64bit] + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 8, Cubasis 1.8.1 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.9.4 (Mavericks), Firewire Audiofile (to be replaced), iPad Air (128GB)
Svenne

Postby estrica2000 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:31 pm

Svenne wrote:I have noticed one weird annoyance with CB 7.5.20. Quite often, after installing a new VST/VSTi, plug-in, Cubase quits right before the Steinberg Hub should open. When I launch it again it tells me that some windows were open when I quit, would I like to reopen them? I click "No", and the Hub opens as it should. Everything appears to work correctly, including the plug-in. The third, and subsequent times, there is no problem with launching Cubase.

This is, of cause, not a fatal bug, but it's annoying nevertheless. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

me , mavericks cubase 32bit
estrica2000

Postby More Cowbell » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:28 pm

I found a bug yesterday. Using vsti for example Addictive drums. > vst outputs. Changing the pan affect all outputs. Major issue I think.
More Cowbell

7.5.20 Impressions...

Postby Antonio Escobar » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Cubase is getting better and more stable every version but is far from reliable. I have CPU spikes, GUI related crashes, the video output issue and a big list of annoyances that do not stop me but bother me a lot.
Antonio Escobar
http://www.antipop.es

---
Nuendo 6.0.x / Cubase 7.5.x
Mac Pro 3,1 Octo 2.8 Mhz, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.8.4
RME HDSPe, UAD2 Quad, 6.5.2, Novation Nocturne (as MIDI device), Unitor 8 (x2), ESI Pro MIDI, Blackmagic Intensity Pro
MacBook Air 4,2 4GB RAM, OS X 10.9.2
Antonio Escobar

Postby Centralmusic » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:32 pm

ffg wrote:Credit where credit's due...

This has gotten very slow indeed in recent Cubendo versions, over the past year or so. To the point where there was seldom any time saved by doing an offline render, compared with realtime.

My impression is that the render time is roughly halved. anyone else noticed this?

yes, confirmed!

C. (system: Win 7, 64Bit)
Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Postby Jalcide » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Centralmusic wrote:

yes, confirmed!

I bet it's a desirable side-effect from the ASIO Guard improvements. I'm going to test with both on and off to see if it makes a difference.
http://soundcloud.com/jalcide

Rack-mounted DAW1 (Main): Cubase 7.5.30 64-bit, Win 7 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.0GHz OC, Stock Cooling, ASUS Maximus VI Gene Z87 mATX Motherboard, 16 Gigs DDR3, EVGA GTX 760, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 on a Vantect FireWire 400 PCIe card (UGT-FW200), Two 30" ACDs

Rack-mounted DAW2 (Real-time Mastering Chain connected to DAW1 via ADAT Optical): Reaper 64-bit, Win 7 64-bit, i5-4670K @ 4.0GHz, 16 Gigs DDR3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, One 20" ACD
Jalcide

Postby theRoyal1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Jalcide wrote:
Centralmusic wrote:

yes, confirmed!

I bet it's a desirable side-effect from the ASIO Guard improvements. I'm going to test with both on and off to see if it makes a difference.
This would be interesting to see!

:geek:
Custom WS: i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz | 32GB GEIL Evo Corsa DDR3 @ 1600 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | MSI BigBang XPower II | Enermax Platimax 1200w 80+ Platinum | 2x SanDiskSSDX12 + 2x WD2500 HDD+ 2xWD4001 HDD | Corsair H100 | Coolermaster Cosmos II
Cubits : Cubase 7.5.20 64bit | CMC-TP | CMC-CH | CMC-PD | CMC-AI
Main Gear: Access Virus Ti ,Virus C | Roland TR-8, TB-3, VT-3 | Roland XV-5080, JV-2080 | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | Yamaha AW4416 | MOTU 2408mk3, MidiXT | Mackie HR824 | Seiki SE50UY04
theRoyal1

Postby mpayne0 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:49 pm

J-S-Q wrote:
mpayne0 wrote:I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

I HATE having to use contextual click to open up a VSTi. The sound generator, the reason why I am even using a DAW to make music. Th eone thing that should not need a control click is opening the thing that actually makes the sound.

If you made a new mixer to make it more flexible and added navigational improvements, efficient use of space... when you made me have to touch the keyboard, while clicking for something I'm going to do 1000s of times during a session, for me it kinda defeats a purpose.

I would rather control click to use the EQ, which I rarely use... you have a ginormous control strip that gives me access to the EQ already. Is this the new convention or is there a way to get it to stop NOW. Does anyone enjoy it, were you always accidentally opening up your VSTi?

I agree that Control+Click to open a VSTi is not a step forward but have you thought of assigning a key command for this? For things you do 1000's of times in a session, it saves so much time, even before they brought in the Control+Click method. I have 'V' assigned to open the instrument on the selected channel and it's one of my most time saving key commands.

This may sound weird, but I still have the psychological need to actively open an instrument by button, that kind of thing I do not like a key shortcut for. I only want it to be one click

Having to select the channel first, then use the keyboard... I dunno, I would rather just look at my channels and click a button and be done. It has worked this way since I started with old Cubasis. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. We need to make sure they don't just start changing things permenantly for no reason, so I am against shortcuts to fix things that are broken. That's what they WANT you to do, no I demand this stuff make sense, I will use my shortcuts intuitively the way I do in all software, not as workarounds.
mpayne0

Postby theRoyal1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:55 am

The multiple Clix are a pita...really.. I concur w/mpayne0

Custom WS: i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz | 32GB GEIL Evo Corsa DDR3 @ 1600 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | MSI BigBang XPower II | Enermax Platimax 1200w 80+ Platinum | 2x SanDiskSSDX12 + 2x WD2500 HDD+ 2xWD4001 HDD | Corsair H100 | Coolermaster Cosmos II
Main Gear: Access Virus Ti ,Virus C | Roland TR-8, TB-3, VT-3 | Roland XV-5080, JV-2080 | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | Yamaha AW4416 | MOTU 2408mk3, MidiXT | Mackie HR824 | Seiki SE50UY04
theRoyal1

Postby trock » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:52 pm

I have to say that .20 is finally the best DAW i have ever used. I left cubase in the sx3 days hating it to. I have or have had every major DAW out there that i can think of and still own most of them

But my setup now is rock solid and amazing

i run cubase with an apogee symphony with thunderbolt and i can run most sessions and overdubs at 32 buffers with plugs etc, however for me i am fine at 128. the apogee sounds fantastic and with thunderbolt connectivity with the thunderbridge is rock solid, i mean rock solid!

i have a suite of avid artist series controllers running eucon and while there are sometimes some issues with eucon and the controllers they run fantastic with cubase and i love them

cubase itself is solid and while i am probably not as heavy a user as some i get a good 40 tracks with plugs on all, and put things like kramer tape and ozone 5 on the master and i can work with vari audio really well now, and the included new mixer is great and on and on and on

all my third party vsti's and plugs work perfectly

waves
IK
voxengo
EZ drummer 2 and SD2
RMX
Omnisphere
NI

i mean, its just working damn well. there is probably to much content! the included plugs and VSTi's are very good as well.

i think for me the only complaint i have is the new mixer window is almost to much, i know you can edit it down but i love the CONOSOLE look of PT and when i build it in cubase and save it that way its still to "large"? and alot of scrolling. but thats just me and a small complaint

anyway, thats where i am at with it
Apogee Symphony - Pendulum Quartert - Sebatron Thorax - UA LA610 - KRONOS - Kemper - Les Pauls/PRS/Fender - 65 amps - Artist series - Lucas CS4 - Rolan TD 15KV - IMAC 3.5 i7/32gigs ram/1Tb internal - Cubase 7.5
trock

Postby Centralmusic » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:44 pm

trock wrote:I have to say that .20 is finally the best DAW i have ever used. I left cubase in the sx3 days hating it to. I have or have had every major DAW out there that i can think of and still own most of them

+ 1
Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Postby Anthonie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:10 am

When will be the next update?
Unfortunately 7.5.2 is not usable for me. The bug I am having problems with, is mentioned to be fixed with the next update:

Anthonie wrote:I'm not happy with the 7.5.20 update, because now all MIDI Devices disconnect everytime closing a project.
(i.e. the output channnels set in the MIDI Device Manager change to 'Not Connected', if there is a MIDI Device automation track in the Project Window.)
Before opening another project, Cubase now has to be closed and started again to reconnect the MIDI Devices.
It happens on both Windows and Mac.
It does not happen in 7.5.10 or before. I'll stay on 7.5.10 until this is fixed.
There is a separate thread in the Issues forum:
viewtopic.php?f=184&t=58219&p=354187#p353849
Cubase 7.5.30 64 bits | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB | Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | much hardware
Anthonie

Postby f.e » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:23 pm

OMG, i have had so many issues this year... I use Cubase extensively, 12 hours a day, for film music work. Haven't had the time to do proper issue reports, but i've noted every bug and despair i've encountered and will report issues properly with dump files and so on before going on holidays, that's for sure.

On my system (win 7 x64), i can sometimes freeze Cubase only by selecting multiple events (audio, midi) with the shift key (this is a very annoying bug), tracks are still muted when you have unmuted them (i know you know), solo/mute then gets messed up and if you're not bloody concentrated you can lose a lot of work, same with sends which are bypassed when you didn't bypassed them (send are visually enabled), or not bypassed when you asked for it, not talking about the show/hide tracks with data between the locators which is messed up sometimes (i've recorded this in a video), or when sometimes audio stops playing for 10 seconds (??), or when you hit playback and then you cannot put the locator anywhere until you stop playback and start again...

This is without mentioning a few absurd things like the lack of proper markers that could go all the way down to the screen and forces you to use the so-so working dual timeline thingy which makes me crazy : you always got something selected in BOTH of these separated timeline and when you color something up, it will color something down, when you delete something up, it will delete something down and sometimes you realize this only 20 minutes later and you're screwed...

Exemple of this nightmare : when you bounce a file, you'll want to move the file up to another audio track and delete the newly stupidly created track. This last one is still selected. If you, for whatever reason, i.e clicked on a marker to define the bouncing range, your marker track will still be selected in the upper timeline. WHICH MEANS YOU'LL ALWAYS DELETE IT TOO

I never had so much problems than with this last version.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 | i7 860 @ 3.37GHz | 16,00 GB DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe | 1024MB GeForce GTX 660 Ti | RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface | RME Fireface 800 | Steinberg Cubase 7.5
f.e

Postby theRoyal1 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:23 am

trock wrote:I have to say that .20 is finally the best DAW i have ever used. I left cubase in the sx3 days hating it to. I have or have had every major DAW out there that i can think of and still own most of them

i run cubase with an apogee symphony with thunderbolt and i can run most sessions and overdubs at 32 buffers with plugs etc, however for me i am fine at 128. the apogee sounds fantastic and with thunderbolt connectivity with the thunderbridge is rock solid, i mean rock solid!

Thx for chiming in with that... I'm thinking of giving my workstation the Thunderbolt upgrade and adding a couple of apogee's, MOTU 828x or UA's for all my outboard gear...
Reading this gives me hope

theRoyal1

Previous

Return to General