How do film composers deal with large DAW projects for film?

And just for the record. This new method with disabling tracks is indeed perfect !
Due to the fact that disabling also unloads the mixer channel, there is no asio accumulation at all. Super!
And the cpr even remembers the direct output routings!! That is in one word: great and a big timesaver.
Now a guy like me, for who mobility is an absolute necessity, and thus who also needs to take into account the smaller resources available, this is (it seems) finally a perfect way to have a massive number of instrument tracks at hand in the main window without having do dig trough the giant database of thousends and thousend of sounds over and over again.
Me = very happy Steiny member now. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
And ok, i will suffer the coming days because i will be wading through the database all over again, but it feels like this time it is going to be a template that kicks ass.

And for those who say: “never heard about tagging and ranking ?”… Yes i do and in fact all my synths are ranked and tagged, but even then it is just way too much to handle quickly. I want a set of probably 500 or 600 sounds, all with 5 star ranking, and all ready to load and properly connected with a sinlge click. And that is what is possible now.
I have Vienna, and my precious templates are made in that program, but with a laptop, you still see dangerously high asio loads and cpu-loads (i.e. for live situations), and i can also never could go upto 500 instrument tracks with that setup, because they are all loaded and active and the system was not performant enough. So, now i can, and i just have to load the sounds that are needed, but i can also quickly respond to formulated desires of other musicians when something else is needed. (but that is just building the right template, and that is up to me)