How to effectively use instrument presets?

I had never even looked at the Media Bay. I can see all those folders I was creating from the browser in the instrument rack and I see that all presets for the subtree rooted in the selected folder get displayed. Moving down in the tree reduces the number of presets being displayed. When you browse presets from the instrument rack, the folders don’t get displayed and you just see all presets in the subtree rooted in the top level. That seems to be a deficiency. I don’t create instruments in the rack either. I was just trying to find a way to load and store presets. Doing it from the track, you get all presets in an organization that is not very useful. If you do it from the instruments in the rack, the presets are limited to the instrument you are working with which is what I want but you don’t see folders. It seems the best option is to avoid folders and do it from the instrument rack. I would like to have folders, though. From the Media Bay you seem to only be able to create instrument tracks with the preset loaded.