Track instruments versus Rack instrument

Cheers for the videos Dale. They help understand it a little bit, but when he was creating tracks he had stereo tracks assigned in Kontakt. I’m specifically at the moment trying to set 9 mono, 2 stereo and one mono tracks (in that exact order) so that it follows the mixer layout of Session Drummer - full in Kontakt.

If screen-shotted my exact steps on the link below with descriptions to show everyone exactly what I’ve done. Cubase 7.5 + NI Kontakt 5 Multi-output Drums Setup | Flickr

As you can see in Step 14, Cubase’s mixer doesn’t match Kontakt’s, and obviously in Step 11 this is what matches the same order as the mixer in Cubase; 5 stereo tracks followed by 6 mono.

In other words on Step 5 my outputs in Kontakt would be all over the place leaving Session Drummer’s mixer to no where near match (reading from left - right) Cubase’s mixer layout, because annoying it wants to order it like Step 11 of 5 stereo tracks followed by 6 mono.

This is why I absolutely hate using Kontakt with Cubase because they don’t make this easy to setup, get it working and then make sense of it when you load up project you haven’t opened in a while.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Many thanks

Will