Cubasis known issues

Re: Cubasis known issues

Postby Ludwig » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:20 pm

@ 3sl, nytjadens

We eventually figured out the issue. Channel sends in Cubasis are only post-fader so they keep the signals wet-and-dry ratio. Once you slide the channel fader all the way down to infite, the signal should indeed not be routed to the fx.
Thats a bug which is already fixed in the next update.

@ Average Guy

The recording bar to the top of your IPad is related to the background audio setting. If you dont need it, I suggest to jump into the settings and disable it.

kind regards
Ludwig
Ludwig Goohsen, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Ludwig
Steinberg Employee

Postby nytjadens » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks!

Stephen
nytjadens

Postby Martyn123 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 am

The metronome that i am listening to via headphones is appearing in my guitar recordings, using a irig guitar connector as recommended by Steinberg so it should work without problems, i can hear it only faintly but it's definatlely there,

Martyn
Martyn123

Postby Dancore » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:12 am

@Martyn123 - Any accessory that records audio through the headphone jack input will unfortunately capture a small amount of the audio output too. It's a hardware limitation, and nothing to do with Cubasis specifically. You'll have the same problem recording into any app. The only solution is to buy a recording accessory that uses the dock connector - you'll have a much higher quality signal doing this too.
Dancore

Postby Dancore » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:22 am

I have an issue:

Using an iPad 2, recorded audio from any source (Audiobus, IAA or CCK) will often 'skip' out of time.
Whilst recording, the audio sounds fine and is played in time, but the captured audio falls out of time, especially if the recording is more than 30 seconds or so. It's almost as if the iPad is struggling to keep up whilst recording and 'misses' a split second here and there of the recorded audio.

I've read on other forums and places on the internet that it can be caused by not having enough free space on your iPad, or having too many apps open etc, but this happens even after having 5GB+ free, closing all apps and hard resetting my iPad, and in projects that only have 3-4 audio tracks and 1-2 midi tracks with no effects....

It doesn't happen every time, but the majority of the time with longer recording, and especially when using Audiobus or IAA.

This problem doesn't occur with other DAWS or multitrack recorders, so I wonder whether some optimisation is needed?

I really hope you can help, because this issue is the only thing keeping me from recommending Cubasis to everyone I know, as I think it's great, but currently unusable for serious recording because of this issue.

Many thanks.
Dancore

Postby Jaybird23 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi
I have an Ipad air running ios 7.04
Cubasis 1.7.1

I use cubase 6.5 on a macbookpro flawlessly for playback on live shows. I purchased an Ipad air and Cubasis thinking running playback with no effects or anything would be no problem. Unfortunately i discovered a few issues...
Play back is glitchy. I tried 16 tracks 44.1,24bit WAV project and also tried 16 tracks 44.1, 16bit WAV and there is no difference in playback stability.
Also when i imported a click track it seemed to clip off the first beat and it seems to not play back at the right time. If i stop and start the song from the beginning it plays better in time but is still missing the first click. I cant help but think that the other tracks probably have the beginning cut off too but i would know cause they dont start playing till later.

A couple other suggestions. A Tempo track, and marker track would be nice.

I'm not sure what you guys set out for cubasis to be. Maybe most people dont want to use cubasis for live playback. I may be asking too much of cubasis and the ipad Air platform. I figured it would be nice to not have to bring a laptop for live shows. If i could get some clarification on some of these issues that would be great. I am quite frustrated at the amount of money I have spent and still not being able to do what i bought it for.

Thank you
Jaybird23

Postby JazzGitarre » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Pressing the sustain pedal of the MIDI keyboard controller allows keys play just once, then there is no sound until you take off the sustain. Please fix this bug! For me, I cant't use Cubasis without solving this problem!
JazzGitarre

Postby fronziyugoda » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi!
I have an ipad air and i just purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 which works just fine with my PC and basically with my iPad as well. But although in Cubasis all the outputs appear in the mixer instantly, all i can use are outputs 1/2. That means if i route something to e.g. outputs 3/4, and i plug the speakers into them nothing happens. Than i route stg to output 1/2 and it goes out through output 3/4, which doesn't make any sense to me. So if i route stg to output 1/2 in Cubasis it comes out from every physical output of the Scarlett. If i route stg to somewhere else above output 1/2 no signal is coming out. Which is pretty annoying cause i want to use it for backing track purpose so i need those outputs.

It seems like stg compatibility issue and i hope this going to be fixed in the next update cause i'm an old-time Cubase user and Cubasis looks comfortable to me so i really don't want to switch to another DAW.

And i also vote for tempo track and markers!
Thanks a lot
fronziyugoda

Postby DKeyman1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:53 pm

JazzGitarre wrote:Pressing the sustain pedal of the MIDI keyboard controller allows keys play just once, then there is no sound until you take off the sustain. Please fix this bug! For me, I cant't use Cubasis without solving this problem!

1/25 and the Sustain pedal issue is still a huge problem for us keyboard players! Let's at least see an acknowledgment from Steinberg that you are aware of the problem...
DKeyman1

Postby anilnc » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi

I have posted this issue in another forum which was locked today for some reason unknown. So reposting it here.

I use iPad Mini 32 gb without retina model.

When i load some drum kits with reverb or even some synth pads from micrologue, the audio cracks and shatters. For example, the preset 'brite mystic strings' in micrologue. Can anyone try this patch and play fifth notes in 1/8th speed in 120 tempo and check if you are getting cracks in just 3rd or 4th beat?

There were no other apps open apart from cubasis and the setting were default. I have attached the screenshot of my settings.

Hope to get some help.

Thanks and regards
Anilnc
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392048072.759355.jpg
(134.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
i7 920 2.67Ghz. X58 Intel Mo.Board, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 512MB MSI PCIe 16x, Cubase 6.5.4, Halion Sonic, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, QL-Silk, Geist, M-Audio FW 410, PadKontrol, Nocturn, Triton.
anilnc

Postby chuen » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:51 pm

after updating Cubasis 1.72 to 1.81 Audiobus stop working (Cubasis "sleeping" while running)
ios 5.1.1 Audiobus 1.25 ipad1
i was using to sample apps like iTabla into Cubasis it was ok about performance
chuen

Postby ctday » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:06 am

Has anyone been able to get Cubasis 1.8.2 to work with AudioCopy 2.22 under iOS 8.1 on an iPad Retina Display? I can't get anything I AudioCopy from StudioTracks to appear in AudioPaste in Cubasis, or at all in AudioCopy. AudioCopy doesn't seem to recognize any other apps coming or going. Thanks.
ctday

Previous

Return to Cubasis