Thought that I'd start the obigatory wish list file
I'm hoping that the money I've dropped on Cubasis is an investment in the future so thought I'd draw up a list of things I'd like to see.
I've been impressed by the presentation of the App and anyone who has done any sequencing in any of the Cubase family will feel at home very quickly. This should be a good productive environment however there are some tools that will need to be added before it will be any more than a sketch pad.
- Audiobus will be top of many people list. I'd love to see it but I think there are far more pressing issues that need to be addressed to increase Cubasis utility as a sequencer.
- No 1 for me is automation. Given the limited power on tap on a mobile device you need to be able to add some expression. With the limited sound pallet this needs to include the effects. As someone old enough to remember the arrival of Cubase Audio it seems quite strange to have audio implementation without the advanced midi editing for which Cubase became famous.
- Some basic editing of the on board sampled instruments linked to automation. You really need to be able to get as much sonic variation as possible from this limited resource.
- A keyboard sample player. iOS is great for sampling other synths and dropping them into a simple sample player to increase the range of sounds on board. An ADSR envelope and a filter add a lot of mileage. I'd like to see a simple synth but it comes down the list.
- An improved implementation of App to App midi. It's always dificult to tell where the problems lie but it looks as if Cubasis midi implementation if problematic with some standard iOS background Apps.
- an improvement of the Amp models
- make sure touch GUI is robust. I've noticed it getting unresponsive when editing in the piano roll screen.
There loads of other little bits and pieces that I'd like to see but these would go a long way to allowing the power of that interface to be harnesed for creative use.
Feel free to add your thoughts...