First Cubasis then Cubase Pro for iPad?

First Cubasis then Cubase Pro for iPad?

Postby Wally » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 am

Hello,
Has anyone considered the possibility that this may be just the stripped down version of a bigger 'pro' version yet to be released? The name of the app does sort of hint at this! I guess this could also explain the 16 bit only audio, no automation, 'tone' controls for EQ etc etc.. I also wonder how much we will all have to pay Steinny to get our 'feature requests' implemented?
'Please do not persecute me for seeking the truth!'
Wally

Re: First Cubasis then Cubase Pro for iPad?

Postby No1DaBeats » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:51 pm

I guess not. If it was like that how much would they charge
for the pro version?! I guess they'll keep up adding features to
Cubasis 'til it's good. Maybe they released it that plain because they
wanted to see what the specific needs are. Now they can come up with
features that are required and get input by the users. It's an easy way to
get a user-created mindmap.
Mac Mini (Mac OS X 10.8.5; Intel QuadCore i7 2,3GHz; 16GB RAM; 1600MHz Frontbus), Steinberg UR28M, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, AKG K271 Studio, Beyerdynamic DT 770 M, Focusrite ISA One, Shure SM7b, iCON Neuron 5, Steinberg CMC CH, PD, TP & QC, Steinberg Cubase 7.5.20, WaveLab 8.0.2, HALion 5 (Version 2.2.5), HALion Sonic 2 (Version 2.2.4), Halion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet, Neo Soul Keys, The Grand 3 (Version 3.1.0), Padshop Pro, Groove Agent 4, Native Instruments Komplete 9, Steinberg-Yamaha Vintage Channel Strip & Vintage Open Deck & Vintage Stomp Pack

------

Life is too short for realtime-bouncing..
No1DaBeats

Postby Wally » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Let's hope so No1DaBeats..
Would be nice if a Steinberg official would care to comment on my two questions though!
'Please do not persecute me for seeking the truth!'
Wally

Postby No1DaBeats » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:38 pm

True!
Mac Mini (Mac OS X 10.8.5; Intel QuadCore i7 2,3GHz; 16GB RAM; 1600MHz Frontbus), Steinberg UR28M, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, AKG K271 Studio, Beyerdynamic DT 770 M, Focusrite ISA One, Shure SM7b, iCON Neuron 5, Steinberg CMC CH, PD, TP & QC, Steinberg Cubase 7.5.20, WaveLab 8.0.2, HALion 5 (Version 2.2.5), HALion Sonic 2 (Version 2.2.4), Halion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet, Neo Soul Keys, The Grand 3 (Version 3.1.0), Padshop Pro, Groove Agent 4, Native Instruments Komplete 9, Steinberg-Yamaha Vintage Channel Strip & Vintage Open Deck & Vintage Stomp Pack

------

Life is too short for realtime-bouncing..
No1DaBeats

Postby Elektrobolt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:36 pm

My guess is that Cubasis is rather a test-the-water type of app. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that it's more than adequate for a person with good old compositional imagination, but I think that it is just the beginning.

As for Steinberg confirming or denying your questions above, they cannot reveal any information of future product releases, and as for your second questions, they will of course implement new features as they allocate time to do so, for a price that likely is yet to be determined.
With Note Expression (VST3.5), individual notes contain their own set of controller data when played polyphonically.
VST Expression, Steinberg VST
Cakewalk Sonar X3 now supports VST3!
Elektrobolt

Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Return to Cubasis