How to report a Cubasis problem

How to report a Cubasis problem

Postby crohde » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 am

In order to make the issue subforums better manageable, please follow these easy rules:

1. Before you post a new report, please use the search function to look out for an already existing issue report. Maybe there is already a solution to your issue. If you find an existing report with the same issue please reply to this thread and confirm the issue instead of creating a new report.

2. If you don't find a similar thread create a new one. One report should include only one issue. If you want to report several issues, please create separate posts for it.
Please do not hijack other people threads to post unrelated problems!

If possible, attach your crash logs to this thread.
    How to get your crash logs:
    If you sync your iPads with iTunes you find the crash logs in one of these folders (depending on your operating system):

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
    Win 7/8: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
3. The thread title should reflect a short description of the issue.

4. The post must include steps to reproduce the issue. Here is an example:

1. Create empty project
    2. Add an audio track
    3. Arm "record-enable" on track
    4. Hit record button
    -> Result = crash
5. The report must include detailed information about your system (iPad gen, hd space, ...), OS version, Cubasis version used and a listing of any 3rd party apps and technology (Audiobus, Inter-App Audio) involved.

Please note:
Moderators will look up the issue reports forum in cycles and merge reports that do belong together or move/lock reports if they are confirmed or solved. Please avoid extensive usage of "bumping" and putting multiple issues into one topic, it is hardly manageable to respond to such topics then. The issue should be ideally confirmed by other forum members to exclude a single system glitch.
Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
crohde

Re: Send your crash logs

Postby luc06 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi

well two crashs so far .. logs are attached

luc
Attachments
2 logs crashs.zip
2 logs of Cubasis Crash - IPad mini 64 GB - IOS 6.0.2
(18.92 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
luc06

Postby PhilW » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Two crashes in the first 24 hours where I lost entire projects - not a good start. Tried to attach the crash logs but that doesn't seem to work either - not my day...

For info, the crashes happened when I used Undo and it reported that the Undo file could not be found. My entire project then simply disappeared.
PhilW

Postby luc06 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 am

Hi

did you try to make a zip file of your logs ? I say that because the log file extension (.crash) is not supported by the upload script of this forum ..

luc

PhilW wrote:Two crashes in the first 24 hours where I lost entire projects - not a good start. Tried to attach the crash logs but that doesn't seem to work either - not my day...

For info, the crashes happened when I used Undo and it reported that the Undo file could not be found. My entire project then simply disappeared.
luc06

Postby PhilW » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:25 pm

I had a private message from Frieder so I was able to send the logs directly, so thanks but they now have them. I am generally impressed with the workflow etc so if they can improve stability and add features like the promised Audiobus (which I am very excited about) then I think they will have a winner!
PhilW

Postby JelmerB » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 pm

I have serious issues with the Undo functionality as well.

First occurence:
- i quantize, dont like the result, hit undo, get an error message and loose 3 of my 6 tracks.
- i can continue working in the app.

Second occurence (completely new project):
- i make a snapshot before hitting undo to have a fallback in case undo fails
- i hit undo and i get the 'undo restoring <projectname>' alert
- alert doesnt go away. I waited for 15 minutes.
- switched to another app, switched back to Cubasis and it crashes
- after restarting Cubasis the project wont load and it opens a new blank project instead
- cannot open the previous project, the 'Loading' screen stays on top forever, after switching to another app and back to Cubasis it crashes
- also cannot open the snapshot, same thing as above.

So anything related to the project is unusable. And as this was a potential hit record that's a shame...

Some notes:
- using the updated Cubasis
- i only use undo after quantizing a midi track
- Audiobus was active. But as someone reported an undo problem before the latest update thats probably not related.

Ill try to locate and attach the log files later.
JelmerB

Postby JelmerB » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Btw: between the first and second occurence i updated iOS. Last one was on the most recent iOS, first one on the iOS version before that. iPad 3

I have the crash reports available. Please let me know to whom i can pm or e-mail them.
JelmerB

Postby Frieder » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 pm

JelmerB wrote:Btw: between the first and second occurence i updated iOS. Last one was on the most recent iOS, first one on the iOS version before that. iPad 3

I have the crash reports available. Please let me know to whom i can pm or e-mail them.

Hello,

just send me a private message.

Thank you and kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Frieder

Postby Jonty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi there

I've recently bought Cubasis for my new ipad 2. I have been using it through audiobus with nlog pro. I was really pleased with my purchase and had put togther 3 full projects already.

Yesterday the app stopped functioning, meaning I've lost access to all my work.

The load screen appears when attempting to open but is followed by a black screen. When closing to the home screen the red bar appears at the top of the page which suggests that app is actually open but there's now way of accessing it.

I am not having any problems with other apps, it is specific to Cubasis.

Crash logs in a zip file attached

Thanks
Attachments
Archive.zip
(175.92 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Jonty

Crash - loosing audio data

Postby Lifko » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Yesterday Cubasis crashed and all connected audio archives disappeared; 2 hrs work gone!
I attached the log file.

regards

Lifko
Attachments
Cubasis_2013-04-01-225629.zip
(9.73 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Lifko

Postby heavenlymusic » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Today Cubasis crashed multiple times.
I did a long recording session for about 3 hours with one stereo track, one mono track and a midi track.
After stopping the recording cubasis crashed and when opening the app again it crashed again.
After a few times, Cubasis complained about not having enough memory. I have a iPad 4 with 32 GB.
Finally I was able to open the app but it could not load the project.
A quick view in the trash folder revealed that the app created multiple copies of my recorded audio files (each of around 1.7 GB).
It seems that when Cubasis crashed, it created multiple copies in the trash folder again and again thereby increasing the space usage on my iPad and running into low memory.
Looking at mu iPad usage screen it showed that Cubasis was now using more then 25 GB.
Please fix this problem asap!! See attachments for logs.

Fortunately I was able to backup my trash folder using iTunes and save my recordings although I lost my midi track recording.
Attachments
Cubasis_2013-06-02.zip
23 crash logs
(205.49 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
heavenlymusic

Postby Jurgen Gugenson » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:39 am

Hello,

I've got almost the same thing explained here, except that my iPad is an iPad3 with 32Gb and I am using Audiobus with Cubasis as an input and Korg iKaossilator as an output for drums programming.

I've recently bought Cubasis for my new ipad 2. I have been using it through audiobus with nlog pro. I was really pleased with my purchase and had put togther 3 full projects already.

Yesterday the app stopped functioning, meaning I've lost access to all my work.

The load screen appears when attempting to open but is followed by a black screen. When closing to the home screen the red bar appears at the top of the page which suggests that app is actually open but there's now way of accessing it.
My crash reports are attached to this message. What do I do now?
Before the latest updates Cubasis would function normally even after a crash, without any damage done to the projects. And now it turns either into a project loss or an unstartable application. :( Get back the functionality please, it's very painful to loose the work which is almost done.
Yours
Jurgen
Attachments
Jurgen Gugenson - Cubasis crash reports.rar
Crash logs of my Cubasis 1.4.1.
(104.96 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Jurgen Gugenson

Can't mix down and export separate chanels to Auria

Postby Deblue82 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Always crash when I try to do it and after that stays blocked ,,I need close app and start again.

Solution???
Attachments
image.jpg
(405.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Deblue82

Postby Ludwig » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:02 am

hi Deblue82,

first thing I suggest is to check how much disk space you got left. Jump into the trash folder within Mediabay and empty it completely (long tap on DELETE). If you still cant get it to work, erase some other files on your IPAD.

Hope that works for you!

kind regards
Ludwig Goohsen, Software Developer
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Ludwig
Steinberg Employee

Return to Cubasis