Cubasis and an extern sampler

Cubasis and an extern sampler

Postby Teocida » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 pm

This is my first post :P Hello...

Im firstly sorry for my english and for my question, because is a little bit retard I think. I don't understand so much about Midi. I just manage a bit Cubase for producing our band.

As I said, I'm in a band, and we play with sequence. The old computer has just given to us problems.

We have two iPads, and we had thought in using these for this task. My thought is loading the sequence-projet for live fo our songs in Cubasis. The drummer will listen to the click through the iPad phone output and the sequence audio will be trigger from a midi track in Cubasis to a sampler SP-404SX I own. I know we need and interface for midi out, but is it possible what I ask?

Thanks in advance
Teocida

Re: Cubasis and an extern sampler

Postby Frieder » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 am

Hello,

welcome to this board.

Technically and without considering the characteristics and limitations of your hardware, your setup should work. You can output MIDI (to the sequencer) and Audio data (the click) at the same time. Note that there are limitations regarding the MIDI-events that Cubasis can send. It is, for instance, not possible to send program change events (see http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 83&t=31040). So you should make sure that your projects do not rely on those events.

Kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Frieder

Postby Teocida » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:21 am

Thankx Frieder.

We just trigger the full song that is in a pad of the SP-404 from a track in the iPad. The drummer will follow the click in Cubasis through ipad phones.

One question more. Is it possible the change of tempo and type of bar in Cubasis?

Thank you again :D
Teocida

Postby No1DaBeats » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 am

You can change the tempo and the time signature next to the transport buttons.
But there's no tempo track or something like that yet to automate it.
Mac Mini (Mac OS X 10.8.5; Intel QuadCore i7 2,3GHz; 16GB RAM; 1600MHz Frontbus), Steinberg UR28M, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, AKG K271 Studio, Beyerdynamic DT 770 M, Focusrite ISA One, Shure SM7b, iCON Neuron 5, Steinberg CMC CH, PD, TP & QC, Steinberg Cubase 7.5.20, WaveLab 8.0.2, HALion 5 (Version 2.2.5), HALion Sonic 2 (Version 2.2.4), Halion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet, Neo Soul Keys, The Grand 3 (Version 3.1.0), Padshop Pro, Native Instruments Komplete 9, Steinberg-Yamaha Vintage Channel Strip & Vintage Open Deck & Vintage Stomp Pack

------

Life is too short for realtime-bouncing..
No1DaBeats

Postby Teocida » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:21 pm

But could I create a project in Cubase with the changes of tempo and them import into Cubasis?
Teocida

Postby No1DaBeats » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Right now you can only transfer projects made in Cubasis to Cubase.
Doesn't work the opposite way yet. So... no. :mrgreen:
Mac Mini (Mac OS X 10.8.5; Intel QuadCore i7 2,3GHz; 16GB RAM; 1600MHz Frontbus), Steinberg UR28M, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, AKG K271 Studio, Beyerdynamic DT 770 M, Focusrite ISA One, Shure SM7b, iCON Neuron 5, Steinberg CMC CH, PD, TP & QC, Steinberg Cubase 7.5.20, WaveLab 8.0.2, HALion 5 (Version 2.2.5), HALion Sonic 2 (Version 2.2.4), Halion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet, Neo Soul Keys, The Grand 3 (Version 3.1.0), Padshop Pro, Native Instruments Komplete 9, Steinberg-Yamaha Vintage Channel Strip & Vintage Open Deck & Vintage Stomp Pack

------

Life is too short for realtime-bouncing..
No1DaBeats

Postby Frieder » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Teocida wrote:But could I create a project in Cubase with the changes of tempo and them import into Cubasis?

Hello,

you cannot import complete projects from Cubase into Cubasis. However, you can import the tracks separately. But as the previous poster said: the tempo changes cannot be imported.

One workaround could be: Export the MDI-files in different tempi in Cubase in and import them to Cubasis. Doing so, you could simulate different tempi in one project.

Kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Frieder

Return to Cubasis