Upload large amount of MIDI loops at once, i.e. webDAV

Upload large amount of MIDI loops at once, i.e. webDAV

Postby evo5150 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a way I can upload a large number of MIDI clips at once to the user folder in Cubasis, to be used with the drum samples. I'm thinking webdav possibly? Or does it have to go through iTunes to do this?
evo5150

Re: Upload large amount of MIDI loops at once, i.e. webDAV

Postby Frieder » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm

evo5150 wrote:Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a way I can upload a large number of MIDI clips at once to the user folder in Cubasis, to be used with the drum samples. I'm thinking webdav possibly? Or does it have to go through iTunes to do this?

Hello,

the simplest way for the import is iTunes File Sharing. Connect your device, open iTunes, and drag&drop your files into the Cubasis folder. The second technique would be the WiFi-Server.

Kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Frieder

Postby evo5150 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Frieder wrote:

Hello,

the simplest way for the import is iTunes File Sharing. Connect your device, open iTunes, and drag&drop your files into the Cubasis folder. The second technique would be the WiFi-Server.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Tried that, it still seems to be just one file at a time. I'm talking hundreds of MIDI files.
evo5150

Postby Frieder » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:35 am

evo5150 wrote:
Frieder wrote:

Hello,

Kind regards,
Frieder

Tried that, it still seems to be just one file at a time. I'm talking hundreds of MIDI files.

Hello,

I just tried to drag&drop 5 .mid files on the Cubasis folder in iTunes File Sharing. The result was that all 5 files were imported simultaneously. Could you explain me step by step what you are trying so that I can reproduce your issue that only one file gets imported?

Kind regards,
Frieder
Frieder Loch, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Frieder

Postby evo5150 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 am

Figured it out! The folders had tons of subfolders, and at the top of each directory was a meta data file, which Cubasis didn't like (logically so). So if I filtered all the directories just for .mid files and dragged, voila! So there I go.

Thanks!! Note to anyone else attempting this: make sure all of the folders are clear of non-MIDI or audio files.
evo5150

Return to Cubasis