Time Signature: 11/8 and other odd values?

Time Signature: 11/8 and other odd values?

Postby nothingman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 pm

How can I adjust the time signature to odd values, for example 11/8, in cubasis?
I can only choose from 2/4 to 7/4 in the drop-down-menu...
nothingman

Re: Time Signature: 11/8 and other odd values?

Postby kzarider » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:38 pm

I am using Windows shortcut keys here so translate to Mac if needed

1. Ctrl + T (enters time map)
2. Hold Alt to select pencil tool, then click at the top of time grid in bar you want to change time signature. It defaults to 4/4...double click the "4/4" to highlight and use keypad to enter 11/8 or any other value.

Hope this was adequate explanation if not let me know and I will try again, its easy to do.
Kenny
PC i7-4770K Asus Z87 Expert Win8 64bit -24gb ram; Power Notebooks Sandy Bridge 2820k 12gb; Cubase 7.5.2, Presonus 2, Vienna Instruments Cube-MIR-Pro 5, Imperial Grand, EastWest PlayComposer, UAD Quad, Hammond B3-VK3c-Sk2, Rhodes, Clav & Wurly, Waldorf, NI Komplete, Pearl E-Drums, Omnisphere, Trillian, RMX, Superior Drums, BFD, etc... MR816CSX, Motu Express, Motu Midi Interface, Motu 8pre, Motu Track 16 http://www.kennyzarider.com/
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=zkeysmusic
kzarider

Postby Akamarko » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 pm

kzarider wrote:I am using Windows shortcut keys here so translate to Mac if needed

1. Ctrl + T (enters time map)
2. Hold Alt to select pencil tool, then click at the top of time grid in bar you want to change time signature. It defaults to 4/4...double click the "4/4" to highlight and use keypad to enter 11/8 or any other value.

Hope this was adequate explanation if not let me know and I will try again, its easy to do.
Kenny

This is the Cubasis for iPad forum. Not PC or Mac desktop.
iPad 2, iPhone 5, Mac Mini
iRig Keys, iRig Mic, iRig guitar, You Rock Guitar (midi guitar) Mobile In Guitar, GarageBand, Alchemy, Sunrizer, Cubasis, Music Studio, Amplitube, Mobile POD, MultiTrack, bs-16i, SampleTank, AudioBus, AmpKit, JamUp XT, G2M
Epiphone Les Paul Special GT
Music For iPad
Akamarko

Postby kzarider » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Sorry,
PC i7-4770K Asus Z87 Expert Win8 64bit -24gb ram; Power Notebooks Sandy Bridge 2820k 12gb; Cubase 7.5.2, Presonus 2, Vienna Instruments Cube-MIR-Pro 5, Imperial Grand, EastWest PlayComposer, UAD Quad, Hammond B3-VK3c-Sk2, Rhodes, Clav & Wurly, Waldorf, NI Komplete, Pearl E-Drums, Omnisphere, Trillian, RMX, Superior Drums, BFD, etc... MR816CSX, Motu Express, Motu Midi Interface, Motu 8pre, Motu Track 16 http://www.kennyzarider.com/
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=zkeysmusic
kzarider

Postby Akamarko » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 pm

kzarider wrote:Sorry,

No worries, as for the original poster, these are the only time sigs availale for the moment. There has been talk about adding more options and possibilty of changing time sig mid song. Something in a future release down the line perhaps.
iPad 2, iPhone 5, Mac Mini
iRig Keys, iRig Mic, iRig guitar, You Rock Guitar (midi guitar) Mobile In Guitar, GarageBand, Alchemy, Sunrizer, Cubasis, Music Studio, Amplitube, Mobile POD, MultiTrack, bs-16i, SampleTank, AudioBus, AmpKit, JamUp XT, G2M
Epiphone Les Paul Special GT
Music For iPad
Akamarko

Return to Cubasis