Adding A Fretboard For Guitar And Bass

Adding A Fretboard For Guitar And Bass

Postby jwarner31 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Is their any way to add a fretboard into cubasis? As I would love to see a full fretboard for guitar and bass added with retuneable strings. This way guitar players could write on the go using your awesome ipad software.

No ipad daw has this yet, and garageband is very limited allowing only 7 frets with limited effects and no retune.

Thanks so much
Matt
jwarner31

Re: Adding A Fretboard For Guitar And Bass

Postby FredB » Tue May 21, 2013 12:34 pm

As a guitarist using some keyboard, i found your idea 's very interesting! that will be great for guitarist with poor music theory (like me).

That reminds me the old boss dr-5 wich were designed like a guitar fretboard (only 6 frets) : http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetai ... ductId=115
Ipad 3, Iphone 4s, Cubasis, Jamup pro xt, Garage Band, Tascam 2488, Alesis io dock, Apogee Jam, Vox Tonelab ST, Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro, Music Man John Petrucci 6, Music Man John Petrucci XI 7, Schecter Hellraiser 7, H&K Switchblade 100 Head
FredB

Postby bigcraigie_1 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:25 pm

jwarner31 wrote:Is their any way to add a fretboard into cubasis? As I would love to see a full fretboard for guitar and bass added with retuneable strings. This way guitar players could write on the go using your awesome ipad software.

No ipad daw has this yet, and garageband is very limited allowing only 7 frets with limited effects and no retune.

Thanks so much
Matt

Thats a damn good shout. Make it so Steinberg.
bigcraigie_1

Postby knuckle47 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:23 pm

I think that is a very good idea also. That Garageband fretboard is near nothing. In fact if I was more Internet savvy , I would do one of those +1 things
PC Win 7 64bit | VST Instrument Collection | i7 3930 | 32gb Corsair ram : MOTU 896 HD FireWire, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256gb Win 7 OS | 2nd Crucial 64gb with Cubase 7.5.2| WD 2 TB Caviar Black | 500gb project drive | Cubasis and iPad 4th 64gb. Guitarist not really a keyboard player, but tryin' like hell
knuckle47

Postby surfer » Sun May 26, 2013 7:06 pm

I use iFretless Guitar and Bass apps for this. They support virtual midi and can control whatever synths you like. Some of the guitar samples in SampleTank are quite nice. Of course via AudioBus and MidiBridge I record both the midi and audio into Cubasis as I play. Putting Ampkit into the effects slot greatly enhances the sound.

I really don't want Cubasis to become bloated with features that are already provided by dedicated, and cheap, apps.
surfer

Return to Cubasis