Extra VST Instruments

Extra VST Instruments

Postby carlosmoreton » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Hello all,

I am a longtime Steinberg user, and I really enjoy using Cubasis on my iPad to run music workshop sessions.

I am just wondering if it's possible to import additional VST instrument sounds into Cubasis?

I am looking to be able to play some specific instrument sounds on the keyboard that are not currently in the Cubasis 1.5 VST library.

Cheers
I have a home studio running W7 (64 bit, i7 - 3770K, 32Gb, SSD, RME PCIe Multiface 2, CC121) Cubase 6.5.3 64bit. (Have 7 but waiting for a bit) BFD2, Superior Drummer, Halion 3, Halion Symphonic, Sonic, The Grand SE, Groove Agent 3, Absynth 5, Korg legacy Digital, POD Farm 2, Guitar Rig Pro 5, Scuffham Amp 2, Slate, Roland TD8 Mesh Head kit, various guitars and basses by Fender and Doug Wilkes.
I am available as an online session guitarist [URL=http://www.alexfloyd.com" target="_blank">www.alexfloyd.com[/URL" target="_blank">
carlosmoreton

Re: Extra VST Instruments

Postby manfredloe » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:51 pm

>> am just wondering if it's possible to import additional VST instrument sounds into Cubasis?
No, not at the moment. Propably in upcoming updates.
manfredloe

Postby surfer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:56 pm

You can use the pads and keyboards in Cubasis to control any of the multitude of synths available for iOS tha support midi. Then use Audiobus to record the output into Cubasis while recording and editing the midi track. I actually prefer this multi-vendor modular approach to music making on the iPad.
surfer

Postby carlosmoreton » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I agree about using other sound sources, via audio bus for example, but I was just wondering if I was missing something.

My requirements were to play some other genre of sounds when running a music class using cubasis.

Thanks guys.
I have a home studio running W7 (64 bit, i7 - 3770K, 32Gb, SSD, RME PCIe Multiface 2, CC121) Cubase 6.5.3 64bit. (Have 7 but waiting for a bit) BFD2, Superior Drummer, Halion 3, Halion Symphonic, Sonic, The Grand SE, Groove Agent 3, Absynth 5, Korg legacy Digital, POD Farm 2, Guitar Rig Pro 5, Scuffham Amp 2, Slate, Roland TD8 Mesh Head kit, various guitars and basses by Fender and Doug Wilkes.
I am available as an online session guitarist [URL=http://www.alexfloyd.com" target="_blank">www.alexfloyd.com[/URL" target="_blank">
carlosmoreton

Return to Cubasis