Cubasis w/ iTrack Solo

Having what seems to be a connection issue when using the iTrack Solo with Cubasis. I’ve been able to record using the Tape app, so know my cables, iPad mini, iTrack, etc. are working…but it doesn’t seem to be recognizing the imput with Cubasis.
Tried to switch the mono setting as suggested in a different post, but the Cubasis app is only giving me imput 1 as an option (everything else is “greyed” out) any thoughts or suggestions on how to correct this?

Hi SRT 10,

iTrack Solo stereo input works here.

1. Connect iTrack to iPAD 2, iOS7.0.4
  2. launch cubasis and create audio track
  3. select stereo input 1+2 and start recording.
    Result : stereo file is recorded
    Note: Mono 1 and Mono 2 is also selectable and works, nothing is greyed out.

best jan

Thanks for the help. Got that part working today, but when I record their is no audio actually recorded. Nothing on playback, not sure the signal is getting through…when I look at the channel section, their is no reading or meter levels…thus the thought of no signal getting through. Tried both the stereo and mono setting, but no change.Any thoughts on this new issue?

Hi SRT 10,

Please we need more detailed infos like my Test description above.
Is your gain knob on iTrack lightning when you get an input signal ?

best jan

I am having similar issues with a Focusrite Scarlet 6i6. The interface works perfectly with any other application (Music Studio, Ampkit, …) on iPad Air iOS 7.04 via Apple Lightning to USB Adapter. If i create a new Audiotrack, arm the track and press the Monitoring button, i can see the input signal on the Scarlett indicate the Audiosignal but Cubase does not receive any signal. Switching on and off the record or monitoring button does not change anything.

If i now close Cubasis after that scenario and also close it in the Background, then start it again it comes up with the previous new Audiotrack armed for recording and activated monitoring. I do now get the signal through into cubasis and can record. If i deactivate monitoring and activate it then again, the signal remains off again and no recording possible.

The same scenario if i use an Apogee Jam instead of the Scarlett

I did not have this issue with same equipment and setup in Cubasis 1.6. I also can’t think of something i do wrong?

Btw: Cubasis is allowed to access the microphone in my privacy settings.

Edit on 24th Feb: I made some further testing. Everything works okay if i create a brand new project. The behaviour described above was tested in one of my existing projects and i can repeat it anytime. I opened another existing project and tried the sam scenario. In this project recording and monitoring is also working without any issues. So finally it looks like i have a corrupted project.

Hi Triwolf,

Edit on 24th Feb: I made some further testing. Everything works okay if i create a brand new project. The behaviour >described above was tested in one of my existing projects and i can repeat it anytime. I opened another existing >project and tried the sam scenario. In this project recording and monitoring is also working without any issues. So >finally it looks like i have a corrupted project.

If you want to send us the existing corrupted projects, we will investigate.
If the recording doesn’t work in existing projects, close Cubasis and all other audio Apps,
restart cubasis, create a new audio track inside the existing corrupted projects
and then assign the input routing again.

Be sure that cubasis have access to the iPad microphone, that’s neccessary on iOS 7 not on iOS 6

Thanks for the info !

best jan

So to follow up, the issue was with the device cable…once I received the new longer cable I haven’t had any issues. Thanks for the help.
Love the program, but is their a way to record to both tracks, not just one? I want to hear, say the guitar, in both sides (left and right). Is that a Cubasis or Focusrite (itrack solo) issue? Haven’t found the pan feature or it’s just not working due the recording being recorded to one side only.

You should be able to pan in the mixer if you recorded in mono.