Cubasis problem with CCK and midi output

Cubasis problem with CCK and midi output

Postby paoudom » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi :)

I have a strange issue with cubasis and my midi keyboard (with CCK): When i play notes with my midi keyboard (oxygen 49) no notes are send to other app.

The notes are sent with the keyboard of cubasis only.

The strangest is that when i play notes with my midi keyboard, i see note on the internal keyboard, but nothing is send.

If i try with Microsonic sampler or micrologue everything work normally. It's only with other app (IAA or audiobus 2).

When i record some notes with my midi keyboard and when i press play > the notes are sent to the app normally (every app, i tried with nlog, nave, ilectric...) but nothing is sent when i play in real time.

Ok sorry i'm french, it's hard for me to explain, i made a little video to show you my problem if you don't understand my bad english ^^

Everything was fine before...but i can't say when that arrived....(audiobus2? cubasis 1.7.2?)

Thx for your help in advance, cubasis is useless like this.
paoudom

Re: Cubasis problem with CCK and midi output

Postby paoudom » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Here my problem in a little video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9u2nfhlfp74l2/IMG_0025.MOV
paoudom

Postby paoudom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 pm

:-(
paoudom

Postby meta-redundant » Mon May 05, 2014 1:31 am

It looks like you are trying to send on MIDI Channel 5. The problem is, with an external MIDI controller, Cubasis will NOT send on the channel you've chosen - it will only echo the channel of your MIDI controller (which is probably channel 1). The internal Cubasis keyboard WILL do what you expect. See my thread here:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=44947

Try changing the channel of your hardware MIDI controller to 5, and if it works, that's the problem. Yes, it's deeply frustrating!
Cubase 7.5 x64 | Intel Xeon E3-1275 3.50GHz (x4) w/ HT | Win7 Sp1 | RME Fireface UCX (via USB) | 32Gb Memory | UAD Quad | ATI Radeon HD 5800 | Intel RAID SSD array | iPad3 w/ Lemur MIDI control
meta-redundant

Postby paoudom » Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 pm

You're right :-) thanks for reply
paoudom

Return to Cubasis