Feature request: stylus support

Feature request: stylus support

Postby yousifabdullah » Thu May 08, 2014 7:32 pm

I'd love to see support for Bluetooth styluses, such as Adonit Jot Touch 4 and Jot Script. I've been using a regular stylus and then upgraded to the Jot Pro for use with Cubasis and other apps. Editing MIDI data is so much easier, however having to constantly turn on/off the Draw function when I want to quickly pan or move notes is tedious.

A Bluetooth stylus could work by assigning the Draw function exclusively to the stylus so you can freely use your finger to pan or do other things. Additionally, these styluses have hotkeys such as undo and redo. Having them working in Cubase would be a great time saver and make MIDI editing very immersive on a tablet. I already prefer it to using a mouse on a computer or recording via (software) keyboard even though I'm using a "dumb" stylus.

Please make it happen! Adonit is the only maker I found that has good Bluetooth styluses for the iPad and they're even partnering with Adobe to make the Adobe Mighty stylus. And if you think a stylus is too imprecise, you just haven't seen what's on the market! :)
yousifabdullah

Re: Feature request: stylus support

Postby crohde » Fri May 09, 2014 11:59 am

Hi yousifabdullah,

Thank you for your feedback, I'll add it to our feature request list.
Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
crohde

Re: Feature request: stylus support

Postby lukasbrooklyn » Fri May 09, 2014 12:27 pm

on a slightly similar note (cubase related) check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qCoMYk1NbE
system// i7 4930k, w7 x64, c7.5.2, c6
audio// RME HDSP, SSL duende, audeze lcd-2, klein&hummel o300, adam s2x, lavry DA, avantone mixcubes, ...

http://www.lukasturza.com
lukasbrooklyn

Return to Cubasis