BUG REPORT: Undo vs. Renaming events

Hi, here’s a bug for you, I can repeat this every time…

Create a MIDI track and record something there.
Create an AUDIO track, let’s call it “audio” and record something there too.

Now, here’s the problem…
-rename the “audio” event (not the track) to “audio2” (to rename it you need to tap on its name in the audio editor)
-move the MIDI track event (or make any change whatsoever)

Now if we were to press Undo, it should only undo the MIDI event move, but it doesn’t just do that, it also goes back to the old event name on the audio track.

This is already a bug as far as I see it, but it gets worse…

Now if you try to rename that “audio” event again, the field in the editor is blank and most times I couldn’t even edit it, so I tried the following…
-exit Cubasis (double tap home button and swipe it up)
-reopen Cubasis
-rename that “audio” event back to “audio2”… CRASH!

I think there’s something weird going on, I haven’t tried checking the audio files from my mac, but maybe Cubasis did rename the audio files, and the UNDO bug ended up screwing something up, maybe by renaming the event but not the file? No idea really, but it needs fixing.

UNDO is definitely the weakest link in Cubasis, it’s been mentioned that improving it would be a huge task, since all it’s doing is reading an older version of the scene, but I think it should be a priority. The “undo stops playback” issue is a common complaint, but I also had UNDO mess up my projects by shifting track orders and mess up all my track names and routings, unfortunately I couldn’t reproduce that one, which makes it even more flaky!

Hi bry,

Thank you for the detailed description !

Now if we were to press Undo, it should only undo the MIDI event move, but it doesn’t just do that, it also goes back >to the old event name on the audio track.

confirmed this Bug in 1.8

Now if you try to rename that “audio” event again, the field in the editor is blank and most times I couldn’t even edit >it, so I tried the following…
-exit Cubasis (double tap home button and swipe it up)
-reopen Cubasis
-rename that “audio” event back to “audio2”… CRASH!

not reproducable here, should be fixed confirmed in 1.8

best jan

Hi bry,

Here is the official statement regarding the current undo behaviour in Cubasis:

@Hiltmann

I can confirm that, the second part of the problem doesn’t happen anymore with v1.8.

@Crohde

Thanks, I had read that before and I mentioned it in my post, I was just saying that maybe it should be prioritized, since it’s been the cause of so many complaints as well as some flakiness in the app.