can Cubasis import project FROM Cubase

hi, - please excuse me, if (1) this has been asked before, (2) or if it sounds ridiculous :

I realise that there is a “Cubasis Importer” to import project from Cubasis → into Cubase|[artist]

I am wanting to know, if I start a project in Cubase|[artist] 7.5.x, if… then Cubasis is able to import it?

,,/Stef

Hi Stef,

Not as simple as with the Cubasis importer.
You need to export your project as a MIDI file and export each audio track independently (the big Cubase offers the batch export for this). Then you import both MIDI and audio tracks into Cubasis.

1 Like

hi Carlos,
thanks for the reply, yeah I should’ve mentioned in my original post, that I was aware of the manual export of midi_tracks::method, etc etc.

This is somewhat clunky/cumbersome, and was hoping for a more streamlined and elegant solution, … that "one would expect in a modern workflow environment of/from a touch surface etc etc …
Ah well, we cannot have it all easy I guess.
thanks again Carlos, and pass on ++kudos to the Cubasis think-tank/developers, this product, is really starting to develop well!

Hi everyone. Reviving an old thread just to ask if in 2021 is possible , on a easy way, to import Cubase pro projects into cubasis, or is it still the same procedure. Exporting all midi and audio independently ?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Pedro_G,

Thanks for your message.

You are able to import Cubasis projects with Cubase via the freely downloadable Cubasis Project Importer. The other way around is unchanged, and requires to do a STEM export of your Cubase audio and MIDI files to be imported with Cubasis afterwards.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

Reviving @Pedro_G 's question about Cubase Pro (12) in 2022. Thanks guys.

NiX

I’d also like to be able to load cubase project in cubasis in 1 click. Like export option in Cubase, export for Cubasis. Nothing beats editing tracks on the beach…and on the phone.

Hi @Chagalj,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis projects can be imported into Cubase via the freely downloadable Cubasis Project Importer.

While it is not possible to load Cubase projects with Cubasis, you can create stems with Cubase and import them into Cubasis.

Please learn more about the topic in the following article:

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Chagall,
My own experience as a user, I opened a Cubase (SX2) project on my Pc (remember those) and selected and soloed a midi track, exported it to usb stick, transferred it to my iPad/Files and sent it to Cubasis3.
When I dragged this midi file into a new empty project, this Cubase midi file had unknowingly come across with ALL the tracks and placed into their own separate tracks! even though I only selected one track🤔
Still works though :+1: