Lightning to USB adapter for £2.24

Hi.

Here is a link to a Lightning to USB adapter that cost £2.24

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351109840088?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I bought this cable/adapter not expecting it to work, but for £2.24 it wasn’t much of a risk. But I nearly fell off my chair when I seen that Cubasis recognised my interface and am absolutely stunned that it worked.

I have been using an Alesis I/O dock but have just upgraded to a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. Because I didn’t have the Lightning Camera Kit I thought I would try something cheap before having to buy the expensive Apple interface.

My Scarlett is running perfectly, with Cubasis seeing all the inputs and output routings. Although I can’t get the setup working at 96K, but I have a feeling that this is something to do with iOS and or a combination of it and Cubasis, or maybe it’s user error. I still haven’t managed to get the stereo mix to pass to the spdif out, but again I am quite sure that this is user error on my part and nothing to do with the setup. The 18i20 does need a bit of setting up on a Mac or PC with it’s mix/routing software, which I assume has to be set before connecting it to the iPad/Cubasis. The mix/routing software isn’t very intuitive.

I am running the latest iOS and the latest Cubasis.

I can’t say for sure that the adapter will work with all interfaces. But seeing as the 18i20 is a fairly complex interface, I can’t see the adapter not working with other ones.

Mine was bought on ebay UK, and included postage!!! The same one should be fairly easy to find from other ebay territories.

Anyway, I hope this is of some use to other Cubasis users on the Lightning socket.

Cheers,
Dave.