Cubasis 1.8.2 available now / iOS 8 compatibility

Here’s Nave - also just updated, but the same problem with others I’ve tried too - with Cubasis on 7.1.2.

No transport controls

Got the 1.8.2 just minutes ago…
Thanks Steinberg :slight_smile:

Confirmed the same behavior on a mini original as well - i.e. no transport controls with AB. :frowning:

BTW: I rebooted both devices as well. Just in case there was something up with resetting everything by doing so.

Someone else on the AB forums also reported the same behavior on an iPad 4 / 7.1.2 (i.e. no transport controls in AB).

Further issue: On an iPad 3 / 7.1.2 - Cubasis 1.8.2 starts in the ouput slot of AB, but, then there are no AB tab controls, and, when switching back to AB via the home button, Cubasis still shows as snoozing with the Zzzzz’s - but is in fact running (but inaccessible in AB) . Again not good :frowning: Not sure if this is an AB issue or a Cubasis issue, but, I’ve noticed that Nave in the input slot shows the same behavior after updating to the latest Nave which also has the AB SDK 2.1 update as well.

This does NOT happen on an iPad mini original / 7.1.2 or an iPad mini Retina / 7.1.2. I.e. in spite of the transport controls not showing per the other posts here, Cubasis starts properly on both of those on 7.1.2. This is an iPad 3 specific issue. Please take a look at that too :slight_smile:

BTW: I have no intention of moving to iOS 8 until all of the apps I rely on for daily music making have been ported to the AB 2.1 SDK and maybe not until 8.0.1 (and maybe not then either!)

Hoping for your careful attention to these issues. :slight_smile: And, I forgot, but I do want to say thank you for all the other improvements in 1.8.2 - not grouching :slight_smile: Just these things need to work for me too - as I’m sure for others as well.

Oh - Also - I uninstalled and reinstalled AB on the 3. And the IAP. And rebooted it.

Hello,

to everyone having problems with Audiobus: Can you please try again? We had to activate some settings at Audiobus website after releasing the update. We did that at around 13:50 (UTC+1) so it should be working now.

Thank you! Fixed the transport control problem :slight_smile: Not the iPad 3 failure to start problem though :frowning:

OK. The iPad 3 problem seems to have rectified itself… Maybe an “app-phone-home” problem with the AB registry?

Happier now than I was anyhow. I’d say thanks but I’m not sure to whom :smiley:

The transport problem is back - across all iPads. It worked for about 1/2 day but is now not working. Also Cubasis - like all AB apps - is not starting properly with AB on 7.1.2. I suspect ongoing AB registry problems, but, again - please could you take a look at this. The workaround seems to be to start with wifi off still, which then allows an AB chain to start properly, but, even then there are no AB sidebar transport controls for Cubasis - just a folder icon.

Hi - another thing :slight_smile: When I have made it work (in airplane mode) I notice the tail creation problem is still there. Created a piece that had about 1min of silent tail on it. Also needs looking at again please.

Hello,

our engineers can reproduce the Audiobus problem, we will further investigate the problem to fix it in the next maintenance update!

Thanks folks! Appreciated :slight_smile:

Similar problem when freezing tracks

Crossing my fingers and hoping the quantizer is better, I like this app but the quantizer is the worst quantizer I’ve ever used, like someone with terrible timing worked on it. Just being honest. It’s really, really, really, really, really, really , really, really, really… Really… Bad.

Hi Crohde,

Thanks for looking into the other bugs. One more in ios8.

Previously Cubasis could exist in Audiobus input and output and record itself. This now doesn’t work - various app / audiobus startup workflows create different outcomes, but with wifi off and cubasis applied to both, you lose main audio from cubasis, can only monitor input, and that input sounds distorted. Other startup workflows have sleeping cubasis (zzzzzz) or just no sound at all.

ios 8, latest audiobus, iPad mini retina.

Thanks

Hi Scoptic,

we’ve read about that issue already and started the evaluation of all current AB issues with the Audiobus guys this moment.

Best,

Lars

Hi Strizbiz,

we’re not aware of this one and have not heard about it from other users so far.
What is your exact problem with the quantization?

Thanks

Lars

Hi!

I have serious problems with cubasis 1.8.2, audiobus 2.1.5 and sunrizer. I cant record sunrizer via audibus to cubasis because audio recording disappers after I stop the recording. I can record Korg gadget to cubasis but I cant hear the gadgets sound during recording. All this after iOS8 update.

Hi Sojoka,

Korg came up with a Twitter announcement yesterday that they’ve submitted iOS 8 compatible updates of their apps to Apple. I do not know about the status of Sunrizer and iOS 8.

Best,

Lars

All good here and Cubasis runs like a dream on my newly acquired iPad Air 2 :}