arvfur wrote:I use mediabay to check my mixes and masters against other mixes. Brilliant tool.
However in Cubase 7, the levels when i preview from mediabay are not the same as in Cubase 6.5 and this confuses me...perhaps I'm doing something wrong in my C7 setup. Can any reproduce?
1. Import a hot mastered audiotrack in Cubase, at least reaching -0.3 dB.Preferably a wav. file.
2. Insert the slm128 meter in the controlroom rack.
3. Play the track and check the true peak level in the slm128 meter.
4. Open mediabay and CTRL-click the level fader in the preview window at the bottom of the bay to set it to 0.00 dB.
5. Play the same track as you imported via mediabay and check the true peak level in the slm128 meter.
6. They should be the same, but my aren't....the mediabay plays the track 0.5-0.9-dB louder.
7. Do the same in Cubase 6.5. My peak levels match exactly here....
serenity wrote:I cnfirm that signal on "Control Room" is higher then on "stereo out". On RME DigiCheck show that peaks above 0dB (red). Sound is distorted. So I routing signal to "stereo out" for now.
johngar wrote:And yes this behaviour does not happen when you use the Studio preset.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests