Event envelopes/Automation Curves - Possible to export?

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Event envelopes/Automation Curves - Possible to export?

Postby alexis » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:04 am

Hi - something came up last night that I'm wondering whether there's a faster way that might have saved me some time:

1) I have an audio piano track (rendered from MIDI) that I realize I want to have the intro and outro a little louder. I like to visually see how loud something is on the track, so I use the event envelopes to do this (instead of using volume automation which isn't as "visual", at least not without opening up the volume automation).

Then last night I decided I wanted to have different notes played in the intro. It had a nice groove, so instead of replaying the part I just muted and drew in some MIDI notes and then re-rendered.

Of course then I had to make the newly rendered intro louder, as I had done in the first version. Ideally, I would have liked to have retrieved the event envelope from the first audio event and just thrown it on the new audio, 1-step and it's done. But since I didn't know how, I redrew the event envelope from scratch again. Though it sounded nice, it took some time to do, and of course the 2nd curve is never identical to the first.

So, I was wondering - are event envelopes exportable for reuse later by importing onto another audio event?

Similarly - are automation curves exportable?

Couldn't see that they were from the manual, but it wouldn't be the first time I missed something in there ...

Thanks -
Alexis

One way to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here.
- A more detailed explanation for how to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here!
- And here for MIDI

Some ways to render virtual instruments to audio here.

Tips Tricks and Workflow Goodness

CubaseTutorial.net - very nice collection of instructional youtubes

Cubase 7.5.20 64 bit; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W7 SP1 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio Drive; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo, Jamstix 3.3, BCF2K; TC Helicon VoiceOne; RevoicePro 2.5 Trial; 0.1 Woodlocked
alexis

Re: Event envelopes/Automation Curves - Possible to export?

Postby Split » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:12 am

Case 1: event envelopes, no I don't think you can do that.

Case 2: automation, you can copy and paste.
??????Split
slightly uncertain principles

i7 2600k 16 gig C6.5.3 W7 64
2x24" + 1x19" monitors

and more stuff than a stuffy thing in stuffy land
Split
Grand Senior Member

Re: Event envelopes/Automation Curves - Possible to export?

Postby alexis » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 am

Split wrote:Case 1: event envelopes, no I don't think you can do that.

Case 2: automation, you can copy and paste.

OK, thanks, Split!
Alexis

One way to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here.
- A more detailed explanation for how to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here!
- And here for MIDI

Some ways to render virtual instruments to audio here.

Tips Tricks and Workflow Goodness

CubaseTutorial.net - very nice collection of instructional youtubes

Cubase 7.5.20 64 bit; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W7 SP1 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio Drive; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo, Jamstix 3.3, BCF2K; TC Helicon VoiceOne; RevoicePro 2.5 Trial; 0.1 Woodlocked
alexis

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6