Yamaha Motif Rack Set Up

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Yamaha Motif Rack Set Up

Postby BassMonster » Mon May 13, 2013 3:11 am

I know this sounds very basic but I have a Motif Rack and I can't set it up in the Midi Device Manager. I seem to remember it being listed in the install device menu but I don't see it. Can anyone please help?
Thanks
Richie
BassMonster

Re: Yamaha Motif Rack Set Up

Postby BassMonster » Tue May 14, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I am using Cubase 6.5. As I said I used to have this Motif set up as a midi device. I think on my last upgrade or maybe when I changes out the PC, I lost the template. I cannot get my Yamaha Motif Rack to access it's sound banks in my Cubase project. Previously I had an file that added the devise to my midi devices. But know I'm stuck.
Thanks
Richie
BassMonster

Postby cubic13 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:21 am

IT IS in the 'Install device' button list, at least on 6.5.4. There are even three Motif Rack related items : check again...

Otherwise, and in the case that 'Yamaha MOTIF-RACK (Yamaha)' / 'Yamaha MOTIF-RACK ES (Yamaha)' / 'Yamaha MOTIF-RACK XS (Yamaha)' are all truely missing, and that you can't retrieve your previous device definition file, you are either for :

- choosing one as close as it and edit it as needed,

or

- defining a new one : a tedious task but doable. Choose 'Define new...' in the list, set the correct parameters in the 'Create new MIDI device...' window and use the 'Device' and 'Patch banks' panes to set everything as you have it on your gear. In the 'Patch banks' one, don't forget to tick on the 'Enable edit' box.
DAW : i7-870 (HT enabled) - Asus P7-P55D-E - 16 Gb DDR3-1600 - 2 x WD Black Caviar 1 Tb - Radeon 6450 GPU (512 Mb) - Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64) / E-Mu 1616m PCIe + Behringer ADA8000
Soft & plug-ins : Cubase 5.1.1 (64) & 6.5.5 (64) + HSO / Emulator X3 / TruePianos / Ivory II / GSi Mr Ray73 MkII & VB3 / Sylenth1 / Alchemy / Loomer String / Arturia MMV / BFD2 / Ariesverb
Gear : Studiologic VMK-188+ / Akai MPD32 controller / Akai ME30P MIDI Patchbay / Korg 05RW / Roland D110 / Yamaha TX802 / Zoom G9.2tt / My really old ones (pre-MIDI era) : ARP Odyssey + Korg MS20
cubic13

Postby BassMonster » Sun May 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks for the response. Anyway in 6.5.4 I see a device labeled MU 50 and an MU80. I thought I remembered seeing an actual Motif Device. I enabled it and it seems to work reasonably. But I do not see the actual Motif Device listed. Maybe I lost it in the last update. Can anyone post the patch?
Thanks
BassMonster

Postby alexis » Mon May 20, 2013 12:40 am

BassMonster wrote:Thanks for the response. Anyway in 6.5.4 I see a device labeled MU 50 and an MU80. I thought I remembered seeing an actual Motif Device. I enabled it and it seems to work reasonably. But I do not see the actual Motif Device listed. Maybe I lost it in the last update. Can anyone post the patch?
Thanks

You might also try asking at http://www.motifator.com/ .
Alexis

One way to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here.
- A more detailed explanation for how to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here!
- And here for MIDI

Some ways to render virtual instruments to audio here.

Tips Tricks and Workflow Goodness

CubaseTutorial.net - very nice collection of instructional youtubes

Cubase 6.5.0, XP SP2 32-bit, Seagate Barracuda 80/160/160GB; Intel 550 Pentium 4 3.4GHz, 2GB RAM, HT+; Intel D915PBL mobo; Dual Radeon ATI X300SE 128MB video; Delta 66 in Omni I/O Studio; Motif8; UAD-1, Jamstix 3.3, BCF2K, Melodyne Cre8 3.2; 0.1 Woodlocked
alexis

Postby BassMonster » Mon May 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks for your help. I retrieved the device file from the scripts folder>inactive. Then dragged it into my application. Duuuuuuhhhhh..... I saw the file a few days ago I just forgot how it appears in the "Midi Device Manager" list. I got it now. Thanks again..
All good
Richie
BassMonster

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6