Show still picture on a video track?

Hi all!

Is there any way at all to get Cubase 6 (or 5 for all that matters) to show a picture in the video window?

I’m using Cubase 6 live on stage (Vista, 32 bit), and if I could get it to show some kind of picture file, I could add an extra monitor and use this eg. for lyrics. I have yet to figure out how to do this, but I thought that the 6.05 update gave me something to work with:

“Under Windows OS, Cubase 6.0.5 features further
improved decoding performance for Motion JPEG
OpenDML video in AVI containers as well as Photo JPEG
material
.”

But has this anything to do with what I’m talking about or is this only video related? :confused:

PHOTO JPG is just another type video codec format.
You could use video editing software like vegas or the like to create a video file of a still image.
If the jpg is on your computer and you hook up a second monitor, you could just display the picture on the second monitor using any picture viewer.
But, using the video player would save it with the project.
good luck

Ah. I thought so about Photo JPEG. :blush:

I know I could just use any picture viewer, but what I really want to do is this:

We play around 40 songs when on a gig. I have created one huge session in Cubase and for every song on the set I have created a marker on a marker track. I’m using 4 different VST’s controlled by a midikeyboard controller and on each vst I have one preset per song. I have automated everything so all I have to do to switch sounds between songs is to press one single button, which I have assigned to “next marker”. What I want to do is to have lyrics, chords and everything else you would normally have on paper on a stand on a small monitor AND I want it to change to the right song when I press “next marker”. This could work if only there was some way to have pictures in a video track. The solution with making a short movieclip with identical frames repeating for a second or so is just too complicated when we’re talking about 40 different songs, I think.

Come on, am I the only one who thinks that it would be great to have the ability to import jpgs or png? :astonished:

There are free programs that can create a slideshow video from pictures.
I would try to use one of these and import the resulting video into cubase. (Make sure cubase can import the resulting video format and quicktime 7 is installed on your machine).