cubase, Lion, 64 bit questions

Hi all

I am using an N12 on an older mac pro 2.8 octo (2008) with 16 gigs ram etc

i am using SL 10.6.8 32 bit and things are rock solid. however, i would really like to FINALLY access all my memory and run this mac for all its worth

so. i have to upgrade the N12 to handle Lion and 64 bit does anyone here have Cubase 64 bit, running on the latest Lion 64 bit and possibly the N12 or an MR 64 bit?

if so how is that working for you on the mac?

also, i am on 6.5, are the old issues with cubase and 64 bit like OMF and MP3 export fixed?

thanks so much, was hoping to do this on the weekend if i get good feedback

ps - and the icing is i use artist series controllers, are they doing well 64 bit? just tossing this one out there

Hello,

I’m using 64-bit Cubase 6.5 sometimes, with the MR816 (or RME FireFace) soundcards, on my Mac OS X 10.7. No problem here. No problem with MC Artist Transport too.

Best,

cool

that’s great to hear.

the N series updates are kind of a pain with all the different parts but Cubase has been rock solid on the setup i am using now but i could use the RAM that is just sitting there

thanks!

I don’t have the hardware you mention, but Cubase has been working well with Lion here:
-Mac Pro 1,1 (with upgraded graphics card in order to run Lion), 12 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.2, Cubase 6.0.5

• 2010 i5 MBP, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.3, Cubase 6.5.1