guitar tab

hi i have been trying to sort this problem for week , i hope somebody can help , i am trying to writ a simple guitar tab & staff this is how i do it and i will do it in a step by step list until i come to the problem that i can’t seem to resolve
1 open new project
2. choose guitar page template from project assistant
3. place a g note on the second line of the treble clef staff
4. the note appears i the correct place on the staff
4. the not appears on the tab string 3 open
5. right click on the 0 on string 3 box opens choose move to string 4

this is where i have the problem as i want it to move to string 4 fret 5 i have tried to move the g up and down but i cannot get it to go to the string i want , i’m sure i must be doing somthing wrong but i cant sort it out

please help , john tate

i am using cubase 6.5 my operating system is windows 7 ,cc121, yamaha n8 although i don’t think the hardware should cause any problems

Hi

No, just checked…you’re not doing anything wrong…not working here either.
Faulty template I think ?

“Move to string x” works as expected if you create a new project with appropriate staves.

Though I am not sure how they set the template up to automatically add the note to the TAB staff
as you add it to the treble clef staff.

Cheers
Tuch

I can merely confirm your findings (and your conclusion, Tuch :wink: ).
Does work o.k. with new tracks (even in the same template)

1. Create two MIDI tracks
  2. Draw a MIDI Part in the upper track
  3. Shift+Alt +drag the Part down to the 2nd MIDI track… This creates a Shared Copy of the original.
  4. Open both Parts in the Score, and set Staff Setting for the upper staff to treble clef… transposition=12, and enable Tablature Mode (guitar) for the lower staff.
    Now anything entered in one staff will be reflected in the other :wink:.

Hey Vic, how are you ?..as always, the man with all the answers when it comes to anything Score related :slight_smile:
Thanks for that info…

I’m not actually using the Score/TAB as much these days, though I am getting lots of recording done.
Cubase does a good job there…not as many annoying anomalies & surprises in Audio land as there are in
Score land :wink:

Cheers
Tuch

hi
thanks for the replys i’m at work at the moment but i will try suggestions when i get get home ,its nice to know that their is help out their,

john

wow yes it works, you guys really no your stuff ,i could never have sorted that myself i can tab to my hearts content its going to save me hours of writing by hand,

can’t thank you enough, tuchwood & vic ,

tatey :smiley: :smiley: