Cubase 6 and all derivatives: 6.0.7 pre-release available

Dear Cubase v6 users,

Today we are happy to release the unsupported 6.0.7 maintenance update for Cubase 6 / Cubase Artist 6 / Cubase Elements 6 as well as Cubase AI 6 and LE 6!

As with 6.0.6, the 6.0.7 update completes our efforts to bring all v6 users the issue resolutions that we did during the Cubase 6.5 development cycle. To get out the bug-squeezes even faster, our first shot is a pre-release version of 6.0.7. Just for the record, I refrain from what our long-time users already know by heart: the pre-release is unsupported as it did not complete our full QA testing cycle. Of course our internal preliminary testing indicates that it is stable and reliable, so we are confident you’ll enjoy it, or else we wouldn’t be offering it.

The 6.0.7 maintenance update brings the following improvements for Cubase 6 derivatives:*

1. Project: When importing and exporting track archives, marker tracks are now properly stored and restored.

1. Project: Project saving time is improved.

1. Audio: Selecting multiple mixer channels via SHIFT modifier no longer selects input/output channels accidentally.

1. Audio: Exporting a quad-channel audio mixdown to MP3 format no longer renders the application unresponsive.

1. Audio: Recalling a VST Connection preset while the Audio Export Mixdown dialog is open no longer renders the application unresponsive.

1. Audio Editing: After splitting a VariAudio segment of a shared clip, pressing the Cancel button in the “New Version” window no longer renders the application unresponsive.

1. Audio Editing: Editing an audio clip with VariAudio, then deleting it and undoing the whole operation now works as expected.

1. Audio Editing: Inserting silence into a selected range now works as expected if the selection end is directly followed by a signature change.

1. MIDI: Recording in MIDI Replace mode now works as expected at any project time.

1. Plug-in: When using the Mix6to2 plug-in, the first channel (volume left) is now fully automatable.

1. Plug-in: When using Cloner, automating the “Detune natural” button no longer mutes the audio signal.

1. Plug-in: Automating the Voices parameter in Cloner now works properly.

1. Plug-in: After saving and loading VST Presets, the bypass state of specific plug-ins is now recalled correctly.

1. _ Please note that this list applies to Cubase 6 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 6, Cubase Elements 6, Cubase AI 6 or Cubase LE 6._*

The 6.0.7 updaters can be found at:

Cubase 6
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_6.html

Cubase Artist 6
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_artist_6.html

Cubase LE 6
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_le_6.html

Cubase AI 6
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_ai_6.html

Cubase Elements 6
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_elements_6.html

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Awesome! Thanks so much.

When I tryed to install this update, it ask me to insert a disk with Steinberg Cubase 6 64bit install package. After that it`s thinkig a little and show me a following error:

What`s the problem? Help me please.

Please try fixing this by following this article:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/fixing-update-installation-issues-on-windows.html

6.0.7 and 6.5.x are seperate from each other. The fixes in 6.0.7 and 6.5.x should match and you cannot install 6.0.7 over 6.5. If you have 6.5, there is in fact no reason to install any of the 6.0.x updates any longer.

Hello Steinberg
Sorry to write it, but VSL and cubase still doesn’t works with this 7th update… :cry:
I tryed with VSL orchestral violins + the followings articulations doesn’t works at 1.1.1.0 :
Col legno
Con sordino
Pizzicato
Short…
:unamused:
Still on 5.5.3

Working fine here with Elements.

Zooming and scrolling performs much more smoothly over previous versions and the metronome is again more stable.

Project save is much improved.

VST Bridge crashing (In 64 bit obviously).

Mac Pro, 8 core 10.6.8
Had to reopen an older session before the corruption. If this keeps happening I will be reverting to 6.6
:frowning:

Applied the update a few days ago and so far no issues. Also, save function is much improved, thanks guys.

Hi! Just one question: Is it possible to return to an older version if 6.0.7 is already installed?

Hi,

Why would you want to do this?

Soon enough, Steinberg will have 6.1.

Well, I bought a new computer and “accidently” installed 6.0.7 (instead of 6.0.6) and am experiencing some sort of bug (I guess) while lane recording (see my other thread). Would be no problem, but I have a job on May 4th and Cubase HAS TO work properly…
So…is there a way to “move back”?

Hi Coder,

That is due to graphics lag, not a bug or error.

How can it just be a graphics lag? It only happens while lane recording and also seems to only happen under certain circumstances. Besides that: The waveform does not actually show what you can hear while playing.

A DAW will always prioritize audio over graphics, particularly when recording in any situation.

Yes, you’re right. BUT: My computer can run really big projects with very low latencys without any ASIO spikes…but THIS error occurs even on a project with only one audio track and a really high latency. I can record 30 tracks at once without that error - but doing a few punch-ins on one single track while lane recording let’s me reproduce this error easily. Besides that: One my previous machine, which is slower than my current, this error didn’t occur at all (older Cubase version). I still use the same graphic card. Please excuse me for not believing that it has something to do with system performance.
Back to my question: Is there a way to roll back?

The only way you will know is if you re-install your system from scratch, in the least so far as Cubase is concerned since as this thread clearly states it is unsupported software.

Will C6.0.7 be the last update of the 6.0.x circle or will there be another officially supported version?

Cheers

History in this area might suggest that 6.1 is on the cards.

Is there any issues when editing midi notes on the Key Editor?
I’ve some drops when editing notes on Win7…