Metronome Precount not working

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Metronome Precount not working

Postby Mahlon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 am

I've got the metronome setup to pre-count for both record and play. The metronome sound itself is working properly -- it is audible. It's just not pre-counting the measure in.

I googled it and read something about Pre-roll and turning that on or off would affect the metronome's pre-count. I can't find a place to turn Pre-roll on or off. It looks like it should be below the left and right locator fields in the Toolbar. But I don't see it.

Anyone know how to get the Metronome pre-count working?

Thanks,
Mahlon
Mahlon

Re: Metronome Precount not working

Postby N8 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:28 am

Op manual has an index where terms can be easily found.
W7 64bit, XP SP3,LE1/ LE4/SX3/ C4/ C6.5/ C7.0.2 64bit, CI1, Firebox

Gob-smacked at the number of contestants for Dwarf #7.

If the sum total of IQs on this forum were applied to lightbulb wattage, it would create a black hole.
N8

Postby Makumbaria » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:43 am

You can easily turn it on & off precount:
Precount on & off.jpg
(86.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet

You can also check metronome setup:
Metronome 1.jpg
(157.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Metronome 2.jpg
(149.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet

P.S. My Cubase it is in Portuguese, but you just need to find the similar place to setup your metronome
Cubase 7.5.30 / 6.5.5 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC / Halion Sonic 1.6.3 / Padshop Pro 1.1.0 / HSO 1.0.1 / The Grand SE 3.1
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / M-audio Fast Track Pro

Ivory II Italian Grand / Addictive drums & Keys / GPO / Alicia Keys Piano / Abbey Road Modern Drums / Ezdrummer / Sampletank / Miroslav Philharmonik CE / VSL / POD Farm / Amplitube / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 / PSP Audioware / Nugen Audio Visualizer / Voxengo Redunoise / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 / Softube / Toneboosters EBULoudness
Makumbaria

Postby Martin.Jirsak » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:44 am

Can you send screenshot of your Metronom Setup, please?

There is no metronom pre-count for playback, there is for record only.
Martin Jirsak
www.cubase-training.com

Cubase 7.5 (last officially supported version all the time)
Mac Book Pro: as Master
Mac Pro: as Slave, connected by VSL VE Pro
Martin.Jirsak

Postby Makumbaria » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am

See my pictures above
Cubase 7.5.30 / 6.5.5 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC / Halion Sonic 1.6.3 / Padshop Pro 1.1.0 / HSO 1.0.1 / The Grand SE 3.1
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / M-audio Fast Track Pro

Ivory II Italian Grand / Addictive drums & Keys / GPO / Alicia Keys Piano / Abbey Road Modern Drums / Ezdrummer / Sampletank / Miroslav Philharmonik CE / VSL / POD Farm / Amplitube / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 / PSP Audioware / Nugen Audio Visualizer / Voxengo Redunoise / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 / Softube / Toneboosters EBULoudness
Makumbaria

Postby Mahlon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks for the help and the pictures. I did find the pre-roll buttons on the transport bar and understand that part now.

But about the metronome pre-count, as far as I can tell I've got everything set up correctly so that the metronome should count in 1 measure before recording. Pre-count is definitely turned on. But still, there is no count in.

I will post a pic of the metronome setup tonight when I get home.

Thanks again for the help.
Mahlon

p.s. I didn't realize there was not a count-in for Play only. I wonder why Steinberg wouldn't include that feature in an otherwise incredibly, densely featured program.
Mahlon

Postby peterNH » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm running into this problem in Cubase 7.5. It seems like the metronome is set up correctly, but precount is not working for me, even when it's enabled. I haven't found an answer yet.
peterNH

Postby Martin.Jirsak » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi,

[To Mahlon]: Could you switch your Cubase in to the English language, and send the screenshot again? Unfortunately, I don't understand this localization. I would like to be 100% sure, your settings is OK.

[To peterNH]: what exactly is your problem, please? Can you see the pre-count in the Transport bar (time display)? Can you see, the cursor jumps 1 bar backward? Is your problem visible, or audible only? Are you using Audio click (sound, or beep), or MIDI (how is it routed)?
Martin Jirsak
www.cubase-training.com

Cubase 7.5 (last officially supported version all the time)
Mac Book Pro: as Master
Mac Pro: as Slave, connected by VSL VE Pro
Martin.Jirsak

Postby mr.roos » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:19 am

peterNH - Let's skip to the chase. Move the curser to the beginning on the project. Arm a track for record, hit RECORD. If you have the metronome set for a precount of one bar, you will hear four beeps (4/4 time) and then the recording will begin as the curser begins to move.

What do you have there? If the recording starts immediately, you have not setup the precount.
Cubase 6.5 (6.5.5) and 5.5 (5.5.3), WaveLab Elements 8, iC Pro remote app, LoopMash HD, Win7 64-bit, Intel C2Q9550@2.83GHz, 8G ram, Radeon HD 6570, Gigabyte X48-DS5 MB, Mackie 1640i (FireWire), M-Audio Keystation 61es controller via an M-Audio Midi-Sport 1X1.
mr.roos

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6