We are happy to announce the availability of the Cubase 6.5.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5.5 maintenance update. The Updates are a free download, went through our full QA cycle and are fully supported.
Please note that 6.5.5 will be the last maintenance update for Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5.
- • Changing the sample rate under Mac OS X 10.8 now works properly.
• Entries in the Undo History are now in sync with the system time.
• The action “length” in the Project’s Logical Editor can now be properly set to a fixed value.
• Recording audio onto partitions equal or larger than 1 TB now works correctly.
• Scrubbing on MIDI Parts now works correctly.
• The click no longer drops out when Control Room with more than one studio bus is active.
• When opening a Project on a different computer, the corresponding audio files are now linked correctly.
- • If an Audio Part contains events with an Xfade outside the Part boundaries, the “Dissolve part” function no longer leads to an unresponsible state of the application.
• If the “Record File Type” is set to MXF or FLAC, freezing a track no longer leads to heavy distortion or disk overloads.
• Tagging audio files in the Mediabay now works correctly.
• Under Mac OS X 10.8 Cubase now detects sample rates properly provided by the audio driver.
• When a certain external input is removed in VST Connections, the selected channel is no longer changed.
- • Creating a new project when importing a MIDI file now loads GM programs in HALion Sonic SE properly.
• Expression Maps with no Sound Slot entry in “Articulation 1” now works correctly.
• Logical Editor Presets in Cubase Artist are no longer grayed out.
• MIDI Monitor plug-in no longer displays a wrong MIDI channel.
• MIDI CC is no longer resetted when “Reset on stop” is disabled in the Preferences.
• Recording in loop mode in the Key Editor no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Using the key command for “Edit Active Part” when not focussing on the Key Editor window no longer leads to an unstable application state.
• Using the Freeze MIDI Modifier on a VOCALOID instrument track now works properly.
• When exporting and importing MIDI files, MIDI length adjustment is now working properly.
• Beams in the score Editor are now handled correctly.
- • AUTOMATION: VST 3 plug-in parameter automation can now be edited correctly in case the automation values are inversed.
• Creating an instrument track and undoing this operation no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Hiding a VST 2 plug-in no longer hides the VST 3 version as well.
• Loading Neo Soul Keys Presets via Cubase 6.5 Inspector into HALion Sonic SE now works as expected.
The 6.5.5 update will be available from July 24, 2013 on as a free download.
A detailed Version history and the 6.5.5 Updaters are available here:
Cubase 6.5 downloads
Cubase Artist 6.5 downloads
Thanks for choosing Cubase!
Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH