Equivalent of "Lanes" in Elements 6?

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Equivalent of "Lanes" in Elements 6?

Postby alexis » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 am

Hi - Looking in the manual for Elements 6, I'm not finding that Elements does the audio cycle recording creating lanes in a single track like the full Cubase 6 does. Can it do that (am I missing it in there somewhere :oops: ), if not, is it possible some other way to sing a part over and over while it is looped in the DAW?

Thanks!

[Edit: I found a detailed comparison chart at Steinberg.net, I see Elements doesn't have "advanced comping features", so I'm guessing it doesn't have lanes within a track either. I guess that means for different takes, they have to be done on different tracks (having to stop recording and manually arming a new track), then when brought back to Cubase bring them all into a single track as lanes?]
Alexis

One way to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here.
- A more detailed explanation for how to get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here!
- And here for MIDI

Some ways to render virtual instruments to audio here.

Tips Tricks and Workflow Goodness

CubaseTutorial.net - very nice collection of instructional youtubes

Cubase 7.5.20 64 bit; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W7 SP1 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio Drive; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo, Jamstix 3.3, BCF2K; TC Helicon VoiceOne; RevoicePro 2.5 Trial; 0.1 Woodlocked
alexis

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6