Loopmash won't record scene changes?

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Loopmash won't record scene changes?

Postby Jason_Staczek » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting Loopmash to record scene changes. If I record enable the track, during playback I can change scenes by playing notes in the right range on my MIDI controller. But if I record those, the scenes don't change during playback. The only way I can seem to record scene changes is by writing automation and clicking scene buttons with the mouse. Interestingly, these get recorded as automation parameters that are unrelated to scene change (AdaptAmount).

It seems really squirelly. Any ideas?

This is also using Loopmash on an instrument track, not in VST instruments.

Thanks,

Jason

Cubase 6.5.4 on Mac OS 10.6.8
Cubase 7.5.1, Nuendo 5.5, SSL Alphalink MADI-AX, RME HDSPe MADI, Mac OS 10.8.4, PT9
Jason_Staczek

Re: Loopmash won't record scene changes?

Postby Jason_Staczek » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Anyone willing to try to see if it works for them and maybe send me your .cpr to see what's different?

Thanks,

Jason
Cubase 7.5.1, Nuendo 5.5, SSL Alphalink MADI-AX, RME HDSPe MADI, Mac OS 10.8.4, PT9
Jason_Staczek

Postby jaslan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Well, I got it working here.
I used an instrument track. Record enabled the track. Pressed record. Played some MIDI notes that correspond to scene changes and watched the scenes change in Loopmash. Also saw those notes record to the instrument track. Pressed stop. Rewound. Pressed Play. Watched the Loopmash scenes change as the cursor reached those MIDI notes.
I am using C6.5 but I doubt that is the problem.
Perhaps some screen shots?
The only thing I can think of is that possibly you are not actually pressing record (i.e. just record enabling the track) and therefore not actually recording the notes to the track.
HTH
J.L.
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.5. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Postby Jason_Staczek » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks, JL. So it does work, at least on Windows.

I'm on a Mac and I'm definitely recording. I can edit the recorded notes, and when I click to move them around, the scenes change. Just not during playback.

Thanks for trying! Mind sending over your .cpr so I can see if it works, and maybe there's a problem with my project?

Jason
Jason_Staczek

Postby jaslan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:34 pm

I sent you a PM.
J.L.
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.5. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6