How can you not have a client download???

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

How can you not have a client download???

Postby martinedholm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Hello!

So I recently got a new PC without a DVD/CD-tray and I have also misplaced my installation disk.

I have my product registered at "My Steinberg" and I also have my activiation USB-stick. However it seems it is impossible to get the Cubase 6 client without having the disk? I can't believe a company spends so much money to make a "my product"-account solution without giving customers the ability to download their products.

The only solution as I see it, is to download the Cubase 6 client illegaly through a torrent and then activating it legally with my USB-"eLicenser" (what a joke this is btw). Is this correct?

At least the software itself is good. :)

Regards
Martin
martinedholm

Re: How can you not have a client download???

Postby jaslan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Well, the system requirements do specify a DVD/ROM dual layer drive for boxed versions.
That being said, I have seen cases where users lost DVDs and support was able to provide them with downloads.
HTH
J.L.
Core-i7 2820QM, 16GB RAM. Cubase 6.5.5 x64 on Windows 7. Scarlett 2i2. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 8. HALion 5. Jamstix 3.5. HSO VST Sound Set. Absolute VST+. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud
jaslan

Postby Arjan P » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25 pm

martinedholm wrote:The only solution as I see it, is to download the Cubase 6 client illegaly through a torrent and then activating it legally with my USB-"eLicenser"

You don't need to activate anything, just insert the dongle with your license and that should be it. Interestingly, there is a download for the Mac version trial of C6, but I don't see PC indeed. Support should help you with this.

BTW, It's not clever to have any illegal software from torrents; usually malware is added in the process of removing the protections.. Not to mention the functional problems such software may have.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 8.5.10 | Cubase 6.5.5 / 7.5.30 | HALion Sonic 1.6.3 | Win7 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 ----- SoundByte Studio
Arjan P

Postby Strophoid » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:22 am

Steinberg will have a download available, if not publicly they'll send you one if you contact support.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Artist 6.5.5 64-bit.
Hardware: HP elitebook 8530b with W7 Home 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.
Analog: Alesis M1 - Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL - Studio Projects C3 - AKG K612Pro
Instruments: Yamaha DTX750k - Yamaha MO-6 - Waldorf Blofeld - Korg Wavedrum WDX.
3rd party plugins: Native Instruments Prism - Rob Papen Distort - Rob Papen Delay

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.
Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6