Just learned something about the Zoom feature!

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Just learned something about the Zoom feature!

Postby mr.roos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:36 am

Of course all of you may know this but I did not and I have to give a shout out to Steinberg here. This is a great feature!

If you have various tracks in your project that are not adjacent, and you click in the channel area and select the zoom track option for that track/channel - and expand/zoom the track - and then press 'Control' key and select other channels, (so, say you have three channels selected), and then proceed to click on the Z key, the tracks will scroll up to down and down to up in order, opening up the zoom feature on the various tracks. Understand? This is very different than selecting three channels and then clicking on Z, which would zoom/expand all three channels at once.

Oh well. like I said you may already know this but I just tripped over it as I was scissor cutting another track to match up to another that I had already cut and adjusted. In my case, the already altered track was track 1 and the track I needed to cut was imported to channel 6, so they weren't next to each other. Clicking on Z expanded track 1, clicking again expanded track 6 making my job very easy. ...Thank you Steinberg! :D
Cubase 6.5 (6.5.5) and 5.5 (5.5.3), WaveLab Elements 8, iC Pro remote app, LoopMash HD, Win7 64-bit, Intel C2Q9550@2.83GHz, 8G ram, Radeon HD 6570, Gigabyte X48-DS5 MB, Mackie 1640i (FireWire), M-Audio Keystation 61es controller via an M-Audio Midi-Sport 1X1.
mr.roos

Re: Just learned something about the Zoom feature!

Postby ThePresent » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 am

Let's wait for Greg Ondo to make a vid just for that! :lol:
ThePresent
----------------
i5 750 - Windows 7 64 Bit - Cubase 6.5.5 32 bit - Arturia Minimoog V - M-Audio Fasttrack Pro - Emu XBoard 61
ThePresent

Re: Just learned something about the Zoom feature!

Postby curteye » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:39 am

There's one I did not know.

Thanks for that m.
I'll also give it a try in C5 and C7.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB 10.9...../C5.5/6.5/7.5
Mbook 2.4Gz 4GB 10.7.5.../C5.5/6.5/7.5

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
curteye
Grand Senior Member

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6