Help: Computer upgrade

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software

Help: Computer upgrade

Postby savman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:06 am

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer as my old one simply was too crappy to be able to support Cubase (it was a dinosaur!)
But Cubase licencing prevents me from finalising installation on the new computer!!!! :evil:
How do I install the Cubase on the new computer, the licence will not allow me to upload on the new computer?
Surely I can some how remove the old licence or something.

Help, new computer close to being thrown out window.... off to play Gibson to calm nerves.

Thanks
Sav
savman

Re: Help: Computer upgrade

Postby thinkingcap » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:17 am

savman wrote:Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer as my old one simply was too crappy to be able to support Cubase (it was a dinosaur!)
But Cubase licencing prevents me from finalising installation on the new computer!!!! :evil:
How do I install the Cubase on the new computer, the licence will not allow me to upload on the new computer?
Surely I can some how remove the old licence or something.

Help, new computer close to being thrown out window.... off to play Gibson to calm nerves.

Thanks
Sav

Now if you can provide some useful info, about which version of Cubase you want to install on what OS, you might eventually get some useful info.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Postby savman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 am

Sure, looking back that was a brain fart....

Cubase LE 6 Elements on Windows 8.

Hope that helps?
savman

Postby thinkingcap » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:55 am

Log into your "mySteinberg" account and follow the steps explained under software re-activation...
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Postby Rebirth303 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:03 pm

I have Win7 on my new computer end u i have the same problem. E-licenser will not give me a new reg code? It says that i already ar registered? Wtf!! :( Place some one help me.. I have a old Dongle whit a Sim card in but i cant open it end transfer the code to the new Dongle? Lars W from Sweden/Stockholm Happy new yaer to you all... :D
Rebirth303

Return to Older Cubase versions