Separate Windows

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Separate Windows

Postby OxygenBeats » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:44 am

Hi, is there a way to put the midi editor/piano roll and the media bay window as completely separate windows from the project window? I have 3 monitors, and it would be really nice to be able to put the editor on one, and the media bay on another, but it doesn't seem to allow that. Is there a way to get them to act more like the mixer and channel settings windows? Or is something that's already fixed in Cubase 7+?

Thanks!
OxygenBeats

Re: Separate Windows

Postby Strophoid » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:26 pm

If you stretch the main Cubase window across all your screens you can position the subwindows anywhere you want.
To drag windows outside of the Cubase window, they need to have 'always on top' enabled. This is available for the mixer, but I don't know about the project window and mediabay to be honest.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Artist 6.5.5 64-bit.
Hardware: HP elitebook 8530b with W7 Home 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.
Analog: Alesis M1 - Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL - Studio Projects C3 - AKG K612Pro
Instruments: Yamaha DTX750k - Yamaha MO-6 - Waldorf Blofeld - Korg Wavedrum WDX.
3rd party plugins: Native Instruments Prism - Rob Papen Distort - Rob Papen Delay

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.
Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Re: Separate Windows

Postby reflection77 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:17 pm

It is unfrtunate that Steinberg never got it right. Floating windows were promised way back in 2003. Logic used to have them, I almost went back to Logic for floating windows alone. Unfortunately as mentioned above, Aside from the transport and a couple of others, your project window has to be opened across the three monitors.
reflection77

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6