transfer of license and upgrade path

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

transfer of license and upgrade path

Postby marc6803 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm buying Cubase from a fellow who owns three copies and doesn't need all three of them anymore. It's Version 5 of Elements. I'm getting the computer it is installed on as well (XP Pro OS). I need to know about transferring the license to my name and if there is an upgrade path available? I'm still looking for a phone number for Cubase Customer Service. Just haven't located it yet and was hoping one of their people would see this and get back to me.

Thanks,
Marc
marc6803

Re: transfer of license and upgrade path

Postby thinkingcap » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:11 pm

marc6803 wrote:I'm buying Cubase from a fellow who owns three copies and doesn't need all three of them anymore. It's Version 5 of Elements. I'm getting the computer it is installed on as well (XP Pro OS). I need to know about transferring the license to my name and if there is an upgrade path available? I'm still looking for a phone number for Cubase Customer Service. Just haven't located it yet and was hoping one of their people would see this and get back to me.

Thanks,
Marc

Your fellow needs to unregister his Elements 5 Dongle in his mySteinberg account, after that you can register it to your name.
The update paths can be found in the Steinberg online shop.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6