Help with Reinstallation after upgrading windows

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Help with Reinstallation after upgrading windows

Postby gabbi1066 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:31 am

Hi All,

I currently use Windows 7 32 Bit with Cubase 6. But because I've bought more RAM I'm upgrading to Windows 7 64 Bit.

Which means I have to reinstall everything.

I'm worried that when I reinstall Cubase afterwards that it's going to say that the product has already been licensed/registered.

Have any of you done this before? Are there any steps I should take before upgrading Windows (like de-registering Cubase etc) that is going to make my life easier in the long run?

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Gabbi
gabbi1066

Re: Help with Reinstallation after upgrading windows

Postby thinkingcap » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:06 am

gabbi1066 wrote: Are there any steps I should take before upgrading Windows (like de-registering Cubase etc) that is going to make my life easier in the long run?

No - as mentioned roughly a hundred times on the forums, the license is on the dongle, which simply needs to be plugged into the computer you want to use Cubase on.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6