Change Plug-In Category

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

Change Plug-In Category

Postby Ilsenhab » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:27 am

Apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn't find a definitive thread in the 'search' option.

Is there a safe way to change the 'category' of installed plugins? Would be great to organize all my various plugs and jbridged plugs in the folders they belong too - i.e., dynamics, mastering, eq etc...

One would think it's in 'Plug-In Information'...

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
S
Cubase 6.5.5 64bit - RME Babyface - Dell 8300 (i7 2600k 3.4ghz) - 16GB Ram - Yamaha HS7's - M-Audio Oxygen 61 - Sony Sony MDR7506s - Various Mics - Too many guitars and amps to count!
Ilsenhab

Re: Change Plug-In Category

Postby Strophoid » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:17 pm

For VST2 instruments yes. Go to the folder where you installed Cubase, in that folder is a folder called VSTPlugins. That folder has the same layout as the dropdown menu in Cubase. You can move the .dll files around to match the way you want to see them in Cubase.
However, VST3 instruments don't work that way, their category is set by the manufacturer and can't be changed easily.
Software: Steinberg Cubase Artist 6.5.5 64-bit.
Hardware: HP elitebook 8530b with W7 Home 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.
Analog: Alesis M1 - Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL - Studio Projects C3 - AKG K612Pro
Instruments: Yamaha DTX750k - Yamaha MO-6 - Waldorf Blofeld - Korg Wavedrum WDX.
3rd party plugins: Native Instruments Prism - Rob Papen Distort - Rob Papen Delay

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.
Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6