acoustic pitch feedback not working

Post questions and find answers on our Cubase 6 releases here.

acoustic pitch feedback not working

Postby number22 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi, all. Oddly, the acoustic pitch feedback function has stopped working (Cubase 6). I click on Variaudio, the track gets analyzed, I click on the acoustic pitch feedback button and it highlights, but when I click on, or move, a segment, there's no sound. If I hit play, I hear all, but I can't hear an individual segment like I used to. I'd sure like to have that function back. Anybody ever encounter this sort of thing? Thanks for your help.
number22

Re: acoustic pitch feedback not working

Postby thinkingcap » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:15 pm

number22 wrote:Hi, all. Oddly, the acoustic pitch feedback function has stopped working (Cubase 6). I click on Variaudio, the track gets analyzed, I click on the acoustic pitch feedback button and it highlights, but when I click on, or move, a segment, there's no sound. If I hit play, I hear all, but I can't hear an individual segment like I used to. I'd sure like to have that function back. Anybody ever encounter this sort of thing? Thanks for your help.

Plenty of people have encountered this, that' s why the forums are full with that question and the answer to it.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Postby number22 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:21 pm

Well, I appreciate that information. I'm new here, and I did search before posting, but wasn't able to find anything on this. Can you give me an answer, or direct me to where the answer is? Thanks.
number22

Postby thinkingcap » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 pm

number22 wrote:Well, I appreciate that information. I'm new here, and I did search before posting, but wasn't able to find anything on this. Can you give me an answer, or direct me to where the answer is? Thanks.

If you' re using the control room, configure it correctly, if you don' t use it, turn it off.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...
thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Postby number22 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:54 am

That was helpful. I turned it off, and the problem is solved. Many thanks.
number22

Postby iamnemo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:25 pm

You can also keep the Control Room active by letting it use your main monitors non-exclusively. Just go to:

Preferences | VST | Control Room

and UNcheck this item:

"Exclusive Device Ports for Monitor Channels"

This way you don't have to power off the Control Room.

Hope this helps.
Iam Nemo
iamnemo

Return to Cubase 6 | Cubase Artist 6 | Cubase Elements 6