Help Needed with creating Standard GM Files

I need help with creating Standard MIDI Files in Cubase 6.5. I am not a Noob in this,
the only problem i have and help i need is, i wanna bypass using hardware, i have
to create 16 MIDI Files with Markers and with Standard MIDI Sounds. The files afterward
will be played on a Hardware but they will be there reedited, the guy needs only the
MIDI Information. ASo basically my question is, can i use Halion Sonic SE 1.6.3 as a Sound
Module? Basically thats all i need to know and if someone has few tips and stuff in exporting
these MIDIs. I also have other VST Instrument such as Goliath and stuff but i thought it would
be easier to use HS SE. If that does not work then i’ll just use the G Bank on my M3.

Thanks

The most important thing is to follow the GM specification, with its dedicated program numbers for specified instruments and MIDI channels (drums must be on channel 10, for example). Whichever sound you assign when creating the MIDI file is not really relevant in itself. See Wikipedia or links to the specifications from there.

Thanks Arjan, i figured that out already. My main concern was where to listen to the Sounds
just for reference purposes. What i’ll do i guess is use Halion ONE as a Sound Module and use
the correct numbers for the Programs inside the tracks.

Thanks