Windows 7 Aero causing problems...

No, I am saying that Aero has nothing to do with the cursor glitching/flickering, and it is a known issue. Hopefully it will be fixed at some point. It is simply only visible on some systems (there are sound technical reasons why that I won’t go into). I and others did quite a few tests and found no correlation between graphics cards, Aero/Windows settings, 3D/OpenGL settings, monitor refresh rates (though refresh rates can make it appear worse on some systems, which is a distinct clue), etc. The cursor in N6 seems to be using a different/slower redraw approach than N5.x and I can make it “alias” at certain playback speeds/tempi - especially when zoomed in. Restarting Nuendo will often make the problem temporarily go away.

The same is true for changing various graphics settings in the system - and there is no specific pattern to it - just whatever causes Nuendo to reset it’s redraw for the cursor and, as I would describe it, get back in sync so it isn’t aliasing anymore. But it is always temporary here, and the glitching always returns. Some people never or rarely see it, but given the conditions, that isn’t surprising. Nuendo 5.5’s cursor works perfectly fine on my system and every other that sees this glitching cursor in Nuendo 6.

All to say, there is no “system related” fix for this. Steinberg will have to address it. And hopefully they can and will because it is very annoying here.

I am only trying to keep you from heading on a wild goose chase for problems that either you can’t fix on your end (cursor glitching), or do need to be narrowed down further (mixer) as it may also be a known problem, or one that needs to be reported - but neither has anything to do with Aero itself. The mixer problem is likely a coincidence of something else you did when opening that session. There are graphic anomalies with the mixer GUI, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you stumbled on one, but there aren’t any related to Aero that I know of.