Nuendo 6 hangs when loading a project file

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.

Nuendo 6 hangs when loading a project file

Postby dforden » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:41 am

I was just working in it yesterday, today I installed NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, now my project won't load. It hangs on loading a Reaktor track. I even opened the project without activating it and deleted any Reaktor-related tracks and it still happened, which makes me think it's the Reaktor reference in the VST Instruments window. Is there any way to just disable Reaktor so I can salvage the project?

Thanks for any tips!

dwf

Nuendo 6.06, Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 2 x 2.26 GHz, 8 core, OSX 10.8.5.
Nuendo 6.0.6 NEK, Mac Pro 2x2.26 ghz Quad Core Intel, OSX 10.8.5, RME Fireface 800.
dforden

Re: Nuendo 6 hangs when loading a project file

Postby jorisdeman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:15 pm

start up nuendo, don't open your session, and go to devices>plug-in information.
Here you can turn plugs on and off.

Alternatively, go into your vst plug-ins folder and remove them or move them to another non-vst plug-in directory...
Nuendo 6.06 NEK, W7 x64 | i7 Hexacore, 3,4 ghz with 32gb Mem and 256GB SSD | X-keys | Euphonix MC Control | VSLE Pro | RME Fireface 800 synced to Lucid clock | Dual Xeon Slave PC | G-tech G-Raid drives
jorisdeman

Postby dforden » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:47 pm

I went through, unchecked all potentially problematic plug-ins (Massive, Reaktor, Kontakt), also removed the actual VST files from the plug-ins folder, yet the 2 corrupted sessions still didn't load. Both projects hang when loading the MixConsole. One when "Loading Channel: Massive", the other "Loading Channel: BrassKontakt". These are my names for the output channels for the respective plug-ins. At this point, I think the only thing to do is to re-constitute the projects track by track (to add insult to injury, when I try to export MIDI files for the projects, Nuendo crashes). Thanks for the advice!

dwf
Nuendo 6.0.6 NEK, Mac Pro 2x2.26 ghz Quad Core Intel, OSX 10.8.5, RME Fireface 800.
dforden

Postby Rickard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Can you try uninstalling NI Komplete 9? If it is a problem with the new NI 9 package then jorisdeman's suggestions of either unchecking the plugs in Nuendo or moving all of the NI files to a new folder (that Nuendo won't look for) should have worked.

Dean
Rickard

Postby dforden » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:48 am

Got it!

It turned out to be an old Play.vst plug-in. Upgraded to the latest and everything's back to normal.

Thanks for the help!

dwf
dforden

Return to General