Nuendo 6.5?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Postby Lydiot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Fredo wrote:Lydiot,

Please stop cluttering this forum with this nonsense.
We are going through this with each and every update.
Try posting something constructive for a change.

Fredo

I've posted a great deal of constructive information on this forum and not once have you thanked me for it.

In addition you've singled me out for criticism. I find that highly offensive.

Please address the points I've made instead of engaging in ad-hominem attacks. If you think I'm wrong about something and that it's nonsense surely you can construct an argument that proves I'm wrong.
Please PM for conversation.
Lydiot

Postby Marsman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Lydiot wrote:
Marsman wrote:
Lydiot wrote:
So we have to pay for fixes of important issues?

Sounds like a great idea, don't you think?

Don´t you think someone needs to be paid to fix issues?

Don't you think I already paid someone to have built the product I was told I was getting?

The last time you bought a new version of a car, and they told you about all the new great features and;

a - some of the new features didn't work
b - some of the old features didn't work
c - some features they didn't talk about at all changed (steeringwheel on the other side)

did you find it reasonable to have to pay for all of that to be fixed?

oh gawd I hate those "car analogies".
A car is a car, and software is software, people really need to stop with these out of place comparisons.

When did you last get a free "update" for your car?
Can you upgrade your car to the newest model by paying an upgrade fee every two years?

So there, a car is clearly not a software product.

(Well, at least until they start building cars running on Android OS)
Last edited by Marsman on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuendo 5.5.6 x64 + NEK, Windows 7 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation
Marsman

Postby Lydiot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Marsman wrote:oh gawd I hate those "car analogies".
A car is a car, and software is software, people really need to stop with these out of place comparisons.

When did you last get a free "update" for you car?
Can you upgrade your car to the newest model by paying an upgrade fee every two years?

So there, a car is clearly not a software product.

A car is a product. A software is a product. Both are created and then sold with certain promises of functionality attached.

So then please answer me:

I paid for a software that was supposed to work a certain way and it didn't: Why should I pay twice for it to work?
Please PM for conversation.
Lydiot

Postby Fredo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:11 pm

One last warning before I start deleting posts and the likes.

Fredo
Fredo
External Moderator

Postby fenderchris » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm not going to get into this argument, but just running with the car analogy for a moment, if you take your car in for a service or a software update you do not expect to get it back with a series of things broken that were not part of the service or software update. Software is by it's nature complex and requires a great deal of testing - isn't that what a QA department is for? (I'm assuming that Steinberg has one, but the sheer number of issues introduced with N6 affecting old and new features does make me wonder). BTW, 'QA' stands for Quality Assurance.

We, the users, should not be the QA department although it is inevitable that some bugs will come out of the woodwork after a software release, in which case the provider (in this case Steinberg) should rapidly fix the problems before inflicting a new set of features and bugs on the people that provide their income.

I hope this is not seen as an unreasonable view.
Last edited by fenderchris on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

i7 Quad core 2.66 15GB ram, Windows-7 64-bit, Nuendo-5.5.6 64-bit, Wavelab-6, 2x MR816CSX, RME FireFace UFX, SmartAV Tango, MOTU Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-500, TC-Fireworx, Halion-5, Kontakt-5, Roland V-Drums TD-20X
Cubase iC Pro for Android
Omnisphere, Trillian + loads of real instruments.
fenderchris

Postby Oliver.Lucas » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Fredo wrote:-Nuendo 6.5 will be paid. (a nominal fee in tradition with earlier .5 updates)

Fredo

Hi Fredo and Steinberg Team,

while I understand that this works well for situations where the user is also the owner I would like to voice my concearn that in every situation where the user needs to "apply" for the funding (broadcasters, larger companies) this is a REAL annoyance.
As a freelancer working in various larger studios I know that this will lead to tons of situations where the session I will need to open will be created on a different Nuendo version because someone in the chain will not update to .5. Please consider raising the update price for future versions and include the .5 fee. It would save me a lot of hassle.

Ollie
www.lucas-sound.com
Latest Nuendo on various Macs
Oliver.Lucas

Postby fenderchris » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Oliver.Lucas wrote:
Fredo wrote:-Nuendo 6.5 will be paid. (a nominal fee in tradition with earlier .5 updates)

Fredo

Hi Fredo and Steinberg Team,

while I understand that this works well for situations where the user is also the owner I would like to voice my concearn that in every situation where the user needs to "apply" for the funding (broadcasters, larger companies) this is a REAL annoyance.
As a freelancer working in various larger studios I know that this will lead to tons of situations where the session I will need to open will be cre FCCated on a different Nuendo version because someone in the chain will not update to .5. Please consider raising the update price for future versions and include the .5 fee. It would save me a lot of hassle.

Ollie

This is actually a good idea but requires a change of thinking at Steinberg.

I suppose another way to approach it would be to call the next update 7 instead of 6.5 !
Chris

i7 Quad core 2.66 15GB ram, Windows-7 64-bit, Nuendo-5.5.6 64-bit, Wavelab-6, 2x MR816CSX, RME FireFace UFX, SmartAV Tango, MOTU Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-500, TC-Fireworx, Halion-5, Kontakt-5, Roland V-Drums TD-20X
fenderchris

Postby iBM » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Fredo wrote:One last warning before I start deleting posts and the likes.

Fredo

Relax, will you? What did Lydiot say wrong?

If you get offended by this, you better consider to quit moderate.
Or is it politics thread over your head from Steinberg HQ?

This cycle of Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6, has not been the greatest for Steinberg. And you know it.

Do you really think it is fair to "leave" Nuendo 6 in this state?
As I understand it, N6.0.7 is the last update for that product.
No wonder why some reacts on the fact that they are basically "forced" to pay for issues to be fixed. The only way out is to go through Nuendo 6.5.

This is NO good customer care IMO.
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5.5 - Nuendo 5.5.6 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys | +++
C7.5/N6 is installed on several test systems only.
Dynaudio BM15A | Universal Audio 8110/LA-610SE/2-610 | TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 |
TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++
iBM

Postby Domilik » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:24 pm

I think we all agree, that in Nuendo 5.5 wie had a nearly bugfree version, where we could use the time in this forum to discuss new feature requests, helping with problems, etc...

I have to admit that in the beginning I was shocked about these tons of bugs and little workflow-killers in N6,...so many things didn't work any longer - while - of course - on the other side there were a lot of great new feature-ideas.
But I really did not have the feeling that there was a real proper beta testing coming from users working in the business Nuendo is made for. Too many bugs, controllers didn't work, mixer-shortcuts gone, channel-linking is not working, display-errors, etc pp, and we users are reporting them here day by day. For free. And I am also very disappointed, that this "collected issue"-list is dating from summer 2013....

I was a Nuendo power-user since 2002 (cubase since 1996) and I never thought twice about buying an update. But right now I am not willing to pay for an update in this actual N6 lifecycle, where I do not want to have any new features! I just want to have a Nuendo's buglist, which is coming close to the old N5. And this honestly (and of course I could afford this fee) should be a service of Steinberg IMO.

I really would like to dare to talk about new feature-ideas again
Nuendo 6 | Win7 x64, Intel i7 2600k, Asus P8P67Pro | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | JBL LSR4328 | Tannoy Reveal 6 | Marian Marc A | Mackie Control Universal | DDX 3216 | X-Keys Joystick | BCR 2000 | Novation Nocturn | Pro Tools 10 | SSL Pro-Convert | AATranslator
Domilik

Postby Rhino » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:25 am

iBM wrote:
Fredo wrote:One last warning before I start deleting posts and the likes.

Fredo

Relax, will you? What did Lydiot say wrong?

If you get offended by this, you better consider to quit moderate.
Or is it politics thread over your head from Steinberg HQ?

This cycle of Cubase 7 and Nuendo 6, has not been the greatest for Steinberg. And you know it.

Do you really think it is fair to "leave" Nuendo 6 in this state?
As I understand it, N6.0.7 is the last update for that product.
No wonder why some reacts on the fact that they are basically "forced" to pay for issues to be fixed. The only way out is to go through Nuendo 6.5.

This is NO good customer care IMO.

Fairness is one thing, and I fully agree to what you said, Cubase 7 in my case, identical set of cruelties.
The other, bigger thing is the message such a failure sends, and it has far outgrown this little forum world already, no way of keeping it under wraps anymore. :?
Time for a strategy change on Steinberg's side, why not acknowledge the issues and, radical thought, actually fix them asap - most of the complaining power users are not fully lost - yet, but things are cooking up.
I'll only talk for myself, I need my faith in Steinberg to be fundamentally restored, both in their technical abilities and customer relations.
Shooting the messenger is not the solution.
I would very much prefer to see Steinberg return to the undeniably high quality standards they had achieved with 6.5, which would allow me to stay with Cubendo with pride like I did from SX up to 6.5.

ymmv,
Rhino
When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
(George R.R. Martin)
Rhino

Postby Rotund » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:33 am

Time for a strategy change on Steinberg's side, why not acknowledge the issues and, radical thought, actually fix them asap - most of the complaining power users are not fully lost - yet, but things are cooking up.
I'll only talk for myself, I need my faith in Steinberg to be fundamentally restored, both in their technical abilities and customer relations.

+10000000

Amen Brother...
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.07, Nuendo+Nek 5.5.6, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Postby Rotund » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:39 am

TimoWildenhain wrote:Key Command/mixer issue will (most likely) be fixed.

Thanks,
Timo
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.07, Nuendo+Nek 5.5.6, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Postby Rickard » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:49 pm

I agree with much of what is being said here. We need to be able to openly criticize Nuendo so that Steinberg can see what real world users are experiencing. Otherwise, how can Steinberg know where to really put their efforts? Clearly there are problems with the implementation. There are still stability issues and components that are not functioning as they should and it has been this way since N6 first came out. Our comments have really helped identify and define the problems. I have to single out Lydiot here for his help because he is getting picked on. Each update has brought improvements so please don't shut us up. I feel like for the most part Steinberg has been listening and things have been getting fixed. To me that is a good relationship. Lets keep it going and even improve on it.

Dean
Last edited by Rickard on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win7|i7|12gig ram|LynxAES16|Lynx2C|Lynx Aurora|N6 + Nek|PT10 HD|UAD Quad x2| UM-3EX|Midex 8|Mackie Control + 2 extenders|too many mics and preamps to list
Rickard

Postby Fredo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Rickard wrote: We need to be able to openly criticize Nuendo so that Steinberg can see what real world users are experiencing.

There is a difference between voicing your opinion -which is allowed if you do it in a mature and polite way- and using every opportunity to post sarcastic comments in a multitude of threads.

That's all I have to say about it, and that's all I am going to say about it.
So please keep this thread clean. If you want to discuss how the forums should be ran, then make a new thread and go ahead. I won't stop you. But no more off topic posts in this thread. They will all be removed.

Fredo
Fredo
External Moderator

Postby Marsman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:05 pm

OMG! Musikmesse is on, will SB present N6.5 ? :ugeek:
Give us all the juicy details!
Nuendo 5.5.6 x64 + NEK, Windows 7 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation
Marsman

Postby Oliver.Lucas » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Marsman wrote:OMG! Musikmesse is on, will SB present N6.5 ? :ugeek:
Give us all the juicy details!

No Musikmesse is for Wavelab 8.5.
It seems to be a really interesting update with watched folders that work even when WL is closed and aac encoding.

Ollie
www.lucas-sound.com
Latest Nuendo on various Macs
Oliver.Lucas

Postby johngar » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:30 pm

They have announced another Cubase update on April 9. I wonder if there will be a Nuendo 6.5 released at the same time.
PC | Nuendo 6.5 64bit | Cubase 7.5 64bit| i7920 | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | 12gb ram | Blackmagic Intensity Pro | NVIDIA GeForce GTX550Ti | RME9632 | Euphonix MC Control -Mix - Transport | Genelec |

MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz i7 | OS X 10.9 | MOTU 828MKII |

elfxi.com
johngar

Postby Puma0382 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:46 pm

johngar wrote:They have announced another Cubase update on April 9. I wonder if there will be a Nuendo 6.5 released at the same time.

Not now due til May...
viewtopic.php?p=334554#p334554
C7.5.20; Win 7 32bit; Q6600 2.4 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS; MIDISPORT 2x2; Delta1010LT;
WL8; Komplete9, StylusRMX
Puma0382

Postby johngar » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Puma0382 wrote:
johngar wrote:They have announced another Cubase update on April 9. I wonder if there will be a Nuendo 6.5 released at the same time.

Not now due til May...
viewtopic.php?p=334554#p334554

Thanks, I missed that one. :oops:
PC | Nuendo 6.5 64bit | Cubase 7.5 64bit| i7920 | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | 12gb ram | Blackmagic Intensity Pro | NVIDIA GeForce GTX550Ti | RME9632 | Euphonix MC Control -Mix - Transport | Genelec |

MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz i7 | OS X 10.9 | MOTU 828MKII |

elfxi.com
johngar

Postby TimoWildenhain » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:51 am

Hello,

Nuendo 6.5 will be released end of May. It will incorporate new Nuendo-exclusive features,
all Cubase 7.5 features, all product maintenance and feature refinements done until then as
well as some extra QA testing.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Product Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!
TimoWildenhain

Postby Breeze » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:23 pm

TimoWildenhain wrote:...as well as some extra QA testing.

^^^This. Yes please! And please ask your QA team to do things they're not supposed to do. It's when you stray from the script that strange things happen. QA should try to "break the machine", instead of just confirming things are happening the way they should. The music software industry could learn in this department from the console game industry...
Breeze

Postby JoDell19 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:29 pm

Well,
I, recently, did receive a letter from my Volvo Dealership stating that they wanted to update the software in my vehicle for free. This was for the purpose of fixing some bug issues with the vehicle. Mind you it is an older vehicle from 2004. It is nice to see them stand behind their product.
Please listen to my tunes:

www.itunes.com/JoDellPlaymakerMusic

Spotify or Rdio: JoDell Playmaker Music
JoDell19

Postby mrtomcat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:58 pm

I have been using Nuendo since version 1 and I do NOT recall ever having to pay for a .5 version. Where is the "traditionally" statement coming from ?
Especially with this disaster that is Nuendo 6.
After 25+ years of using Steinberg products starting with Cubase 1 I moved over to Pro Tools for recording and mixing mid last year but still kept Nuendo for composing. However every time I open it I can't get over the ugly mixer and the amount of crashes things that prior to N6 had never been issues.

I wholeheartedly agree that at the very least Steinberg should NOT charge for this release and focus on fixing what used to be a great product. Also stop with the features nobody is asking for and focus on features that have been asked for for ages now... actually stop with new features all together until you have a stable product again.

My 2 cents
mrtomcat

Postby fenderchris » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 pm

mrtomcat wrote:I have been using Nuendo since version 1 and I do NOT recall ever having to pay for a .5 version. Where is the "traditionally" statement coming from ?
Especially with this disaster that is Nuendo 6.
After 25+ years of using Steinberg products starting with Cubase 1 I moved over to Pro Tools for recording and mixing mid last year but still kept Nuendo for composing. However every time I open it I can't get over the ugly mixer and the amount of crashes things that prior to N6 had never been issues.

I wholeheartedly agree that at the very least Steinberg should NOT charge for this release and focus on fixing what used to be a great product. Also stop with the features nobody is asking for and focus on features that have been asked for for ages now... actually stop with new features all together until you have a stable product again.

My 2 cents

I quite agree. I've been around since the PRO24 days. Some time ago, when I was refitting the studio, I was being pressurised to change to ProTools but resisted it only because I did not want to have to learn a new interface. Now, with the ever present issues and unwanted changes and new features I think I should have made the change. I'm also fed up with valid feature requests being ignored for years.

A .5 update indicates to me that the version is only halfway there and therefore should not be charged for. I can't recall having to pay for a bug fix update midway through a version cycle either.

I have no idea what new features are being thrown in to n6.5 to justify an update charge, but I do know that I don't want them - what I do want is bugs to be fixed and the interface fixed so that it works as smoothly as previous versions.
Chris

fenderchris

Postby Domilik » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Agreed.

Imo we need back some old but very important nuendo-benefits, which we used to have ON TOP:

- Opportunity to fire up mixer shortcuts (from keyboard + or midi) when working and mixing in projectwindow! The need to click with mouse into mixer before is inadmissible.

- This switching tabulator-views has to be kicked. We need back our customizable windows where we users could decide what to view at the same time. Right now no chance to do proper send-panning, insert-routing, etc etc.

This for me is much more important than any new cubase-feature.
Nuendo 6 | Win7 x64, Intel i7 2600k, Asus P8P67Pro | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | JBL LSR4328 | Tannoy Reveal 6 | Marian Marc A | Mackie Control Universal | DDX 3216 | X-Keys Joystick | BCR 2000 | Novation Nocturn | Pro Tools 10 | SSL Pro-Convert | AATranslator
Domilik

PreviousNext

Return to General