Cubase IC Pro

To use the Android version of Cubase IC Pro, I had to BUY SKI and download the app for free.

I have loaded the Android version on two Samsung Note 3s, so that I can see the project and cue mix at the same time. Obviously, each musician with a cue could control their own mix. All works well.

I too like to avoid the Apple megalomania, and was glad to be able to select the IP directly (but not save? Que!), despite the ‘requirement’ to have Bonjour loaded.

Also, I don’t get the specification of an ad-hoc wireless setup, especially since the computer on which Cubase is running will most likely NOT have WiFi, and if it did, it would probably be switched off to prevent possible latency issues, as has been known from time to time. Certainly, running an ad-hoc network precludes using more than one IC Pro.

We also have an iPod we bought for testing our website, as it has the same resolution as an iPhone, but MUCH cheaper. I would like to press-gang that into being a remote as well, for buttons! But the iOS version costs. Does it work with the paid SKI? Or have I missed something? Can I use it in conjunction with the Android versions?

I think IC Pro looks good, but I wish it was a bit more configurable, like:
a) Adjust the time text size (though I have mirrored the Note’s display to a monitor via MHL and HDMI)
b) Given the larger size of tablets, select which elements one wants sharing the display.
c) Ability to save and select computers by IP address. Come on SB, you are almost there!