Cubase IC Pro

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.

Re: Cubase IC Pro

Postby fenderchris » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 am

Rickard wrote:I got IC to work finally. I had to create an ad hoc network and make that the only available network on my studio computer. I thought it was a bit of a pain in the a** because I have to turn off Internet on my studio computer and iPad to get it to work. I thought I would just have to live with that inconvenience and I bought IC Pro.

I have tried every conceivable configuration of my two wireless routers, Ethernet and wireless adapter and I can not get IC Pro to work. With my best attempt, SKI sees the IC Pro in Nuendo, IC Pro sees my Nuendo computer(greyed out) and it goes into searching for the network mode for a minute then shuts down. This is as close as I can get.

It is especially frustrating because vcontrol free works really well without having to even shut down my Internet . I did this before reading your post Dog and Pony. Is there any official word on this?

Dean

I understand your frustration.

My system will not allow me to set up an adhoc network so I have to run with the Internet switched on - which is not ideal.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

i7 Quad core 2.66 15GB ram, Windows-7 64-bit, Nuendo-5.5.6 64-bit, Wavelab-6, 2x MR816CSX, RME FireFace UFX, SmartAV Tango, MOTU Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-500, TC-Fireworx, Halion-5, Kontakt-5, Roland V-Drums TD-20X
Cubase iC Pro for Android
Omnisphere, Trillian + loads of real instruments.
fenderchris

Re: Cubase IC Pro

Postby Rickard » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:15 pm

I am guessing by the responses that it is a good program when configured properly but won't run on Ipad1. I wrote to apple and they are refunding me.
I also got V-Control Pro and it is really great. I didn't have to change my setup and it's a very cool program. The ability to turn the ipad into a touch control surface for any program or window on the desktop is amazing. Thanks for the responses. I'm sure this thread will help future users.

Dean
Win7|i7|12gig ram|LynxAES16|Lynx2C|Lynx Aurora|N6 + Nek|PT10 HD|UAD Quad x2| UM-3EX|Midex 8|Mackie Control + 2 extenders|too many mics and preamps to list
Rickard

iOS = Paid, Android = Free??

Postby Patanjali » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:19 am

To use the Android version of Cubase IC Pro, I had to BUY SKI and download the app for free.

I have loaded the Android version on two Samsung Note 3s, so that I can see the project and cue mix at the same time. Obviously, each musician with a cue could control their own mix. All works well.

I too like to avoid the Apple megalomania, and was glad to be able to select the IP directly (but not save? Que!), despite the 'requirement' to have Bonjour loaded.

Also, I don't get the specification of an ad-hoc wireless setup, especially since the computer on which Cubase is running will most likely NOT have WiFi, and if it did, it would probably be switched off to prevent possible latency issues, as has been known from time to time. Certainly, running an ad-hoc network precludes using more than one IC Pro.

We also have an iPod we bought for testing our website, as it has the same resolution as an iPhone, but MUCH cheaper. I would like to press-gang that into being a remote as well, for buttons! But the iOS version costs. Does it work with the paid SKI? Or have I missed something? Can I use it in conjunction with the Android versions?

I think IC Pro looks good, but I wish it was a bit more configurable, like:
a) Adjust the time text size (though I have mirrored the Note's display to a monitor via MHL and HDMI)
b) Given the larger size of tablets, select which elements one wants sharing the display.
c) Ability to save and select computers by IP address. Come on SB, you are almost there!
Patanjali

Half of the folk music duo, DevaKnighT. Music available from CD Baby (MP3/FLAC) and the usual culprits. All recorded and processed on Cubase 7.x at 192k.

Comp: i7-4930K : Asus P9X79-E WS : 32GB : GV-N750OC-2GI : SSDx4+2 : UAD-2Q : Dell S2340Tx2 & Samsung UA55HU9000W 4K.
HW: Nmn U87 Ai : JA251x2 : YRG : Korg padKontrol+uKEY2 : RME FF400+800 : M-Patch-2 : Tannoy Reveal Active+TS-12.
SW: Win 8.1 Pro 64 : Cubase 7.5.20 64 : iC Pro : RX3Adv : Ozone5Adv : Goliath/SO PP/Pianos/Gypsy : Sup.Drum 2.0 : AT7.
Patanjali

Previous

Return to General