Export edited video

I swear I had a feeling somebody would bring up Digital Performer. :laughing:
Granted, some film music composers can benefit from the video export feature in DP which is very nice. However, I think we all agree that DP is not among the professionally acclaimed choices (like PT and Nuendo) for sound editing studios worldwide. DP is nowhere close to Nuendo as a sound editing tool at least with regards to sales. I have nothing against DP, but facts are facts. So it’s apples and oranges again.

So you are basically saying that they have already done everything in their power to add features to Nuendo when it comes to what it does best: audio. And when they needed help, they asked for it.

Maybe for the time being, they are reluctant to add the video export feature because it is not a strategically beneficial move on their part, in terms of company policies, financial considerations, political relations with other companies who may be able to help them, etc. Who knows what’s happening inside? I don’t know much about economics, but I remember better days.

At the risk of repeating myself, I’d love to have that feature as well. All I’m saying is that we’ve asked for it, and they’ve seen our request. Hopefully they will do something about it in due time. If DP can have it, there’s no reason why Nuendo can’t. But Steinberg has a lot to deal with before that happens. The way I see it, it’s just not way up on their list of priorities, but it will come up someday to keep up with the competition (I don’t mean DP :laughing: )

Cheers